We're travelling round southern Africa in January, starting from Johannesburg. Flights from San Francisco (our home) seem to be around 25 to 35 hours. Any tips? Right now thinking of breaking it up by flying to New York, over nighting, then taking direct So African Airlines to Johannesburg (15 hr).
All other options seem to go through Munich, Amersterdam, Frankfurt, etc.
Any tips my friends?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 2 help with itinerary please
- 3 First time safari question
- 4 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 5 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 6 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 7 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 8 Swala Safaris
- 9 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 10 Dubai
- 11 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 12 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 13 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 14 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 15 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 16 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 17 Etosha help
- 18 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 19 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 20 private game reserve-kruger
- 21 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 22 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation
- 23 go2africa
- 24 Fabulous Feb. 2016 Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya Trip
- 25 NAMIBIA rent a car from Windhoek Airport