We're travelling round southern Africa in January, starting from Johannesburg. Flights from San Francisco (our home) seem to be around 25 to 35 hours. Any tips? Right now thinking of breaking it up by flying to New York, over nighting, then taking direct So African Airlines to Johannesburg (15 hr).
All other options seem to go through Munich, Amersterdam, Frankfurt, etc.
Any tips my friends?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 2 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 3 Morocco help
- 4 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 5 IRAN
- 6 First trip to Africa
- 7 Money in Uganda
- 8 Uganda Visa
- 9 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 10 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 11 Private Guide for Cairo
- 12 Egypt - Need Help!
- 13 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 14 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 15 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 16 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 19 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 20 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 21 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 22 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 23 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 24 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 25 Need feedback on my itinerary