I just found this section of the Fodor's site by accident when I read an article about Little Kwara and Googled it to learn more. One of the hits was this site. I can't even begin to say how great this message board is! I'm at work and must to log off soon or I'll get nothing done. I've been enthralled reading all the old posts. Definitely going to have to come back tonite and read more from home. It is so awesome to read posts from people who clearly have the same passion for the bush that I do. And it's cool to see how willing the more experienced folks are to share their knowledge with the less experienced.
Anyway, enough rambling. I'm headed for my eighth trip at the beginning of September. I've visited Kenya, South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe, but never Zambia - unless you count three hours spent on the other side of the Zambezi from Vic Falls to take the helicopter ride over the Falls.
I know it is going to be great, but I'd love to hear from some people who've been there - particularly about how it compares to Botswana and/or South Africa. We will be visiting two camps - Tafika in the South Luangwa and Sausage Tree in the Lower Zambezi. We'll finish our trip with three nights each at Mombo and King's Pool in Botswana - both of which I've previously visited.
I'd appreciate any insight from all you well traveled bush lovers!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 2 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 3 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 4 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 5 Self drive tour south africa
- 6 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 9 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 10 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 11 Duba activities - help deciding
- 12 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 15 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 16 Texting from US to Israel
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 19 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 20 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 21 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 22 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 23 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 24 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 25 Passport pages stuck together