I just found this section of the Fodor's site by accident when I read an article about Little Kwara and Googled it to learn more. One of the hits was this site. I can't even begin to say how great this message board is! I'm at work and must to log off soon or I'll get nothing done. I've been enthralled reading all the old posts. Definitely going to have to come back tonite and read more from home. It is so awesome to read posts from people who clearly have the same passion for the bush that I do. And it's cool to see how willing the more experienced folks are to share their knowledge with the less experienced.
Anyway, enough rambling. I'm headed for my eighth trip at the beginning of September. I've visited Kenya, South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe, but never Zambia - unless you count three hours spent on the other side of the Zambezi from Vic Falls to take the helicopter ride over the Falls.
I know it is going to be great, but I'd love to hear from some people who've been there - particularly about how it compares to Botswana and/or South Africa. We will be visiting two camps - Tafika in the South Luangwa and Sausage Tree in the Lower Zambezi. We'll finish our trip with three nights each at Mombo and King's Pool in Botswana - both of which I've previously visited.
I'd appreciate any insight from all you well traveled bush lovers!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 2 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 3 tours in Johannesburg
- 4 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 5 Viator tour company
- 6 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 7 South African Cities
- 8 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 9 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 10 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 11 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 12 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 13 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 14 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 15 where to go in africa
- 16 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 17 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 18 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 19 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 20 Help with bags
- 21 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 22 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 23 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 24 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 25 Israeli Tour Guides