I just found this section of the Fodor's site by accident when I read an article about Little Kwara and Googled it to learn more. One of the hits was this site. I can't even begin to say how great this message board is! I'm at work and must to log off soon or I'll get nothing done. I've been enthralled reading all the old posts. Definitely going to have to come back tonite and read more from home. It is so awesome to read posts from people who clearly have the same passion for the bush that I do. And it's cool to see how willing the more experienced folks are to share their knowledge with the less experienced.
Anyway, enough rambling. I'm headed for my eighth trip at the beginning of September. I've visited Kenya, South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe, but never Zambia - unless you count three hours spent on the other side of the Zambezi from Vic Falls to take the helicopter ride over the Falls.
I know it is going to be great, but I'd love to hear from some people who've been there - particularly about how it compares to Botswana and/or South Africa. We will be visiting two camps - Tafika in the South Luangwa and Sausage Tree in the Lower Zambezi. We'll finish our trip with three nights each at Mombo and King's Pool in Botswana - both of which I've previously visited.
I'd appreciate any insight from all you well traveled bush lovers!!
First Time to Zambia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Sabi Sands camps
- 2 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 3 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 4 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 5 Help with Rwanda trip
- 6 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 7 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Tel Aviv beaches
- 10 Memory cards for camera
- 11 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 14 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 15 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 18 Hotels in Nairobi
- 19 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 20 Rwanda trip report
- 21 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 22 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 23 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 24 israel and petra
- 25 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help