I just found this section of the Fodor's site by accident when I read an article about Little Kwara and Googled it to learn more. One of the hits was this site. I can't even begin to say how great this message board is! I'm at work and must to log off soon or I'll get nothing done. I've been enthralled reading all the old posts. Definitely going to have to come back tonite and read more from home. It is so awesome to read posts from people who clearly have the same passion for the bush that I do. And it's cool to see how willing the more experienced folks are to share their knowledge with the less experienced.
Anyway, enough rambling. I'm headed for my eighth trip at the beginning of September. I've visited Kenya, South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe, but never Zambia - unless you count three hours spent on the other side of the Zambezi from Vic Falls to take the helicopter ride over the Falls.
I know it is going to be great, but I'd love to hear from some people who've been there - particularly about how it compares to Botswana and/or South Africa. We will be visiting two camps - Tafika in the South Luangwa and Sausage Tree in the Lower Zambezi. We'll finish our trip with three nights each at Mombo and King's Pool in Botswana - both of which I've previously visited.
I'd appreciate any insight from all you well traveled bush lovers!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 2 Good experience with Flarian in Dubai
- 3 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 4 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 5 Insect Repellent
- 6 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 7 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 8 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 9 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 10 house exchange
- 11 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 12 casablanca airport taxis
- 13 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 14 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 15 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 16 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 17 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 18 Tiberias with kids
- 19 Lion World
- 20 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 23 Mpumalanga visit
- 24 safe areas to go on safari
- 25 Trip to Kenya in August 2016