This forum seems awesome, so I figured I would ask a basic question. We will be 4 adults + a 2-year-old (my husband and I, my parents and our toddler). We plan to visit East Africa between late Sep. and mid October 2012 for 12-14 days. Yes, I know it's a little late to be planning such a big trip, but for a bunch of reasons, we weren't sure we could go until now. Originally, we had decided on Kenya & Tanzania, but now I am quite conflicted based on stuff I've read:
All we want to do is see animals, no interest in beaches or waterfalls. My parents will hang out with my daughter when anything strenuous is involved, so my daughter's presence will not require us to have a tame vacation.
a) Stick to Kenya & Tanzania - approximately 6 days in both
b) Go just to Kenya? Since Sep is the peak for migration and we will see lots of animals
b) Do 2 countries. In addition to Kenya, do Rwanda (Virunga) or Botswana (or some other country), instead of Tanzania?
We are treating my parents to this once-in-a-lifetime experience, so I'd be grateful for any advice on which countries would give us the best experience, or just any tips in general.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Travel within Africa
- 2 WiFi on Safari
- 3 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 4 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 5 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 6 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 7 Israel itinerary planning
- 8 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 9 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 10 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 11 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 12 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 13 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 14 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 15 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 16 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 17 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 18 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 19 Need itineary planning help
- 20 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 22 What to do with 2 1/2 days in Arusha, TZ
- 23 Passport issues Lebanon/Israel
- 24 My 2-Week Love and Hate Relationship with Morocco
- 25 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You