This forum seems awesome, so I figured I would ask a basic question. We will be 4 adults + a 2-year-old (my husband and I, my parents and our toddler). We plan to visit East Africa between late Sep. and mid October 2012 for 12-14 days. Yes, I know it's a little late to be planning such a big trip, but for a bunch of reasons, we weren't sure we could go until now. Originally, we had decided on Kenya & Tanzania, but now I am quite conflicted based on stuff I've read:
All we want to do is see animals, no interest in beaches or waterfalls. My parents will hang out with my daughter when anything strenuous is involved, so my daughter's presence will not require us to have a tame vacation.
a) Stick to Kenya & Tanzania - approximately 6 days in both
b) Go just to Kenya? Since Sep is the peak for migration and we will see lots of animals
b) Do 2 countries. In addition to Kenya, do Rwanda (Virunga) or Botswana (or some other country), instead of Tanzania?
We are treating my parents to this once-in-a-lifetime experience, so I'd be grateful for any advice on which countries would give us the best experience, or just any tips in general.
First time in Africa - which countries to pick
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 trip report, morocco
- 2 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 3 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 4 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 5 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Memory cards for camera
- 8 Help with Rwanda trip
- 9 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 10 Sabi Sands camps
- 11 Hotels in Nairobi
- 12 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 13 Rwanda trip report
- 14 Tel Aviv beaches
- 15 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 16 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 17 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 18 israel and petra
- 19 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 20 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 21 Israel and Petra
- 22 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 23 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 24 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 25 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!