This forum seems awesome, so I figured I would ask a basic question. We will be 4 adults + a 2-year-old (my husband and I, my parents and our toddler). We plan to visit East Africa between late Sep. and mid October 2012 for 12-14 days. Yes, I know it's a little late to be planning such a big trip, but for a bunch of reasons, we weren't sure we could go until now. Originally, we had decided on Kenya & Tanzania, but now I am quite conflicted based on stuff I've read:
All we want to do is see animals, no interest in beaches or waterfalls. My parents will hang out with my daughter when anything strenuous is involved, so my daughter's presence will not require us to have a tame vacation.
a) Stick to Kenya & Tanzania - approximately 6 days in both
b) Go just to Kenya? Since Sep is the peak for migration and we will see lots of animals
b) Do 2 countries. In addition to Kenya, do Rwanda (Virunga) or Botswana (or some other country), instead of Tanzania?
We are treating my parents to this once-in-a-lifetime experience, so I'd be grateful for any advice on which countries would give us the best experience, or just any tips in general.
First time in Africa - which countries to pick
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Mouhoutours Adventures for a Desert Trip in Morocco !!
- 2 India
- 3 Questions about Chobe
- 4 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 5 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 6 Ideas about the trip.
- 7 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 8 3 days in Teheran
- 9 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 10 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 11 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 12 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 13 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 14 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 15 What camera to use on safari
- 16 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 17 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 18 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 19 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 20 To go to Israel or not?
- 21 Bidair at JNB
- 22 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 23 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 24 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 25 Lamu or Zanzibar?