This forum seems awesome, so I figured I would ask a basic question. We will be 4 adults + a 2-year-old (my husband and I, my parents and our toddler). We plan to visit East Africa between late Sep. and mid October 2012 for 12-14 days. Yes, I know it's a little late to be planning such a big trip, but for a bunch of reasons, we weren't sure we could go until now. Originally, we had decided on Kenya & Tanzania, but now I am quite conflicted based on stuff I've read:
All we want to do is see animals, no interest in beaches or waterfalls. My parents will hang out with my daughter when anything strenuous is involved, so my daughter's presence will not require us to have a tame vacation.
a) Stick to Kenya & Tanzania - approximately 6 days in both
b) Go just to Kenya? Since Sep is the peak for migration and we will see lots of animals
b) Do 2 countries. In addition to Kenya, do Rwanda (Virunga) or Botswana (or some other country), instead of Tanzania?
We are treating my parents to this once-in-a-lifetime experience, so I'd be grateful for any advice on which countries would give us the best experience, or just any tips in general.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 2 honeymoon place
- 3 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 4 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 5 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 6 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 7 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 8 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 9 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 10 Yom Hazikaron
- 11 Yom Haatzmaut
- 12 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 13 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 14 recomendation on African Safari company
- 15 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 16 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 17 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 18 One extra day in Jordan
- 19 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 20 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 21 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 22 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 23 Israel in Late October or November?
- 24 One month in Africa
- 25 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda