I'll be attending a last-minute conference in Jo'burg for three days in mid-June. Not sure of where they are putting us up, but I'd like to go somewhere interesting for 1 or 2 nights prior to the meeting. Any thoughts? I've spent extensive time researching wildlife all over East Africa so I have reservations about going as a 'tourist' for a safari experience. I have been to Joburg, Pretoria, and Timbavati, but that was over 13 years ago, and again it was a quick jaunt for a conference! I'd be keen to stay somewhere not too pricey, with good food, and perhaps some game viewing. I won't have a vehicle. Any suggestions?? What do you think about the Cradle of Mankind area? Sounds interesting but I'm not certain how I'd get there from the airport. Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Attending conference in Jo'burg, need some ideas
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 2 THE GREAT WILDE BEEST MIGRATION IN KENYA
- 3 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 4 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 5 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 6 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 9 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 10 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 11 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 12 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 13 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 14 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 15 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 16 Charity begins at Home!
- 17 Sun Safaris
- 18 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 19 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 20 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 21 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 22 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 23 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 24 Tour to Morocco
- 25 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???