I'll be attending a last-minute conference in Jo'burg for three days in mid-June. Not sure of where they are putting us up, but I'd like to go somewhere interesting for 1 or 2 nights prior to the meeting. Any thoughts? I've spent extensive time researching wildlife all over East Africa so I have reservations about going as a 'tourist' for a safari experience. I have been to Joburg, Pretoria, and Timbavati, but that was over 13 years ago, and again it was a quick jaunt for a conference! I'd be keen to stay somewhere not too pricey, with good food, and perhaps some game viewing. I won't have a vehicle. Any suggestions?? What do you think about the Cradle of Mankind area? Sounds interesting but I'm not certain how I'd get there from the airport. Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Attending conference in Jo'burg, need some ideas
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 2 Evacuation Insurance
- 3 Johannesburg
- 4 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 5 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 6 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 7 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 8 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 9 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 10 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 11 Transiting through Cairo
- 12 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 13 South Africa in February?
- 14 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 15 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 16 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 17 Car Rentals in Israel
- 18 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 19 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 20 Morocco to portugal
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 24 Independence Day in Israel
- 25 Drinking on safari