I'll be attending a last-minute conference in Jo'burg for three days in mid-June. Not sure of where they are putting us up, but I'd like to go somewhere interesting for 1 or 2 nights prior to the meeting. Any thoughts? I've spent extensive time researching wildlife all over East Africa so I have reservations about going as a 'tourist' for a safari experience. I have been to Joburg, Pretoria, and Timbavati, but that was over 13 years ago, and again it was a quick jaunt for a conference! I'd be keen to stay somewhere not too pricey, with good food, and perhaps some game viewing. I won't have a vehicle. Any suggestions?? What do you think about the Cradle of Mankind area? Sounds interesting but I'm not certain how I'd get there from the airport. Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Attending conference in Jo'burg, need some ideas
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 2 My trip to Egypt .....
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 5 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 8 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 9 Homestay Accomodation
- 10 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 11 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 14 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 15 Group Trip to Israel
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 18 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 19 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 20 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 21 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 22 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 23 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
- 24 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 25 Night drives in Manyara worth it????