does anyone know if one needs a "transit" visa in order to fly through Addis? I'll be flying from Addis to Tel Aviv and the layover is about 4-5 hours I believe. Ethiopian Airlines says a visa isn't needed. the US Ethiopian Embassy site seems to think it is. I found a japanese ethiopian embassy site that says its not needed and some other travel sites that say its not needed. i will probably just wait and see and get one at the airport if needed, if i cant get a definitive answer. thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Flight or take a jeep transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara?
- 2 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 3 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 4 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 5 Zanzibar
- 6 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 9 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 10 Self drive tour south africa
- 11 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 12 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 13 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 14 Duba activities - help deciding
- 15 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 16 Private Guide for Cairo
- 17 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 18 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 19 Texting from US to Israel
- 20 Itinerary Ideas
- 21 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 22 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 23 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 24 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 25 first family kenyan safari trip report