Fodor's Expert Review Circa 1886
Located on-site at the Wentworth Mansion, this former residential home is full of hand-carved marble fireplaces and stained-glass windows. The award-winning eatery emphasizes seasonal offerings, while also showing off the chef's Texas roots. A sophisticated tone is set with low lighting and yellow roses atop each table. For those looking for an intimate, romantic meal, the quiet comfort of Circa 1886 is hard to top.
149 Wentworth St.
Charleston, South Carolina 29401, USA
- Romantic outdoor dining in the courtyard on warm evenings
- Views of the city from the cupola atop the mansion
- Jerk-brined antelope procured from a Texas hill country farm
- Outdoor dining in the courtyard
- City views from the cupola atop the mansion
- Jerk-brined antelope