- Marine life Monterey Bay is the location of the world’s third-largest marine sanctuary, home to whales, otters, and other underwater creatures.
- Getaway central For more than a century, urbanites have come to the Monterey Bay area to unwind, relax, and have fun. It’s a great place to browse unique shops and galleries, ride a giant roller coaster, or play a round of golf on a world-class course.
- Nature preserves More than the sea is protected here the region boasts nearly 30 state parks, beaches, and preserves—fantastic places for walking, jogging, hiking, and biking.
- Wine and dine The area’s rich agricultural bounty translates into abundant fresh produce, great wines, and fabulous dining. It’s no wonder more than 300 culinary events take place here every year.
- Small-town vibes Even the cities here are friendly, walkable places where you’ll feel like a local.
Log in with user name:
Not a member? Register Now
Log in with social media:
Log in with Facebook
Log in with Twitter
Love to travel?
Get FREE email communications from Fodor's Travel, covering must-see travel destinations, expert trip planning advice, and travel inspiration to fuel your passion.
How we use your email