- Terracotta Warriors Take in one of the nation's most haunting and memorable sites—the vast life-size army of soldiers, built to outlast death.
- Discover Dunhuang Satisfy your inner archaeologist at the magnificent Mogao caves and scale the shifting slopes of Singing Sand Mountain.
- Seek Solace at Kumbum Monastery Visit one of the six great monasteries of the Tibetan Buddhist sect known as Yellow Hat, reputedly the birthplace of the sect's founder, Tsong Khapa.
- Tour Turpan Discover the ruins of the ancient city-states Jiaohe and Gaochang, destroyed by Genghis Khan and his unstoppable Mongol hordes.
- Kashgar and the Karakorum Highway Explore Central Asia's largest and liveliest bazaar before heading south to the snowcapped Pamir Mountains and crystal-clear Karakul Lake.
Log in with user name:
Not a member? Register Now
Log in with social media:
Log in with Facebook
Log in with Twitter
Love to travel?
Get FREE email communications from Fodor's Travel, covering must-see travel destinations, expert trip planning advice, and travel inspiration to fuel your passion.
How we use your email