volareweb - Paris to Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! My fiance and I are trying to book a flight from Paris to Venice for 29.99EUR, but the additional fees are 33.65EUR. Is this correct? I have never seen add-on fees for double the ticket amount.

Thanks for your help! Jennifer
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 10:04 PM

Strange but true. Still a good deal though.
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 03:19 AM

Thta's often the way with low cost flights - they hit you with the fees AFTER you've been tempted by the "Paris for just 1 euro" deals. These aren't just booking fees, they include things like airport taxes which are immovable costs, no matter who you fly with. The fees are always about the same, whether you're paying 30 euro or 300 euro for a flight, it's just that you notice it more on the low costs flight. The bigger scheduled airlines usually include them in the cost of your ticket.

YUou've still got a great price though.
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 07:00 PM

My husband and I are spending 2 weeks in Paris this October and will be splitting up the two weeks with a trip to Venice for 3 nights. I've booked on Volareweb. You'll note that the additional fees are actually taxes and airport fees; these are always a part of an airfare. Next time you see an add from a major airlines, for instance, $149 one way to London on BritAir, read the fine print at the bottom of the add and it will tell you about the additional fees and taxes not included in the fare. I guess it's SOP. Now about Volareweb. Before I found this airline, I went to flyeurope.com which I've used before for booking Dublin to Paris. At that time I was able to book a flight
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 07:06 PM

-sorry-I posted incomplete by mistake- as I was saying, at that time I booked AerLingus for $150 less than through STA Travel (the ticket was for my daughter). So, I know for fact that flyeurope.com has great prices. Well, on this site, they listed Volare Air. I'd never heard of it (maybe I should have checked with Fodors)but that name sent me searching for the Volare website. On Volareweb, the same ticket was half-price! It's a great deal and other posters say it's an OK airline. They do fly all new Airbuses and have a strong corporate statement and business plan on their site. I'm just hoping they stay in business 'cuz next year I'm planning Paris/Rome!