Search

Zumanity

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2004, 01:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zumanity

Has anyone seen this production? I have read extremely mixed reviews, either you love it or absolutely hate it.

Before I purchase $195 tickets I would like to know anyone's input on whether it's worth seeing.

Thanks for the advice in advance....crh
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 01:26 PM

We seen it last week. We enjoyed it, but didn't think it was worth the $$.
Mystre and O better in IMO.
If your easily offended by sexual content its not the show for you. Juggling dildo's, bondage, S&M, girl on girl, guy on guy,,you name it.VERY interesting.
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 03:19 PM

Saw the show and liked it (as apparently did the rest of the audience). Wasn't my favorite Cirque show, but it was good.

I'm not sure if you mean the tickets are $195 total or $195 per person. If that's a per person price you are being wayyyyyy overcharged. Front-row sofa tickets are only $125 per person. Not cheap mind you, but not $195 each. Other seats are less.

Ken
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the response...I purchased tickets online for $125/person for the row behind the sofas, sec 101, row B. The show does sound very interesting in more ways than one.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 05:41 AM

Looks like you'll be sitting in the same general area we sat in. Get there early, the pre-show "clowns" are pretty funny (they begin about 1/2 hour before the show starts).

Ken
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 07:01 AM

Saw the show about 2 months ago. I still don't know what to think. I guess it really depends upon your perspective.

I wasn't offended by any of the language or sexual content and I was entertained, but I wasn't overly entertained. I've seen other Cirque shows and I usually don't enjoy them. They kind of bore me.

The point of Zumanity seems to be to allow people to see a racy Cirque show that explores different sides of human sexuality. Some of it is amusing, some of it is racy, some of it is not particularly interesting, and some of it is meant to be funny, but comes off childish and silly.

You will leave the show feeling that you have seen something unique, but I doubt you will want to see the show again.

Bottom line...if you have seen other Cirque shows and you liked them, and you are not easily offended, you will like this one as it provides a twist to the same old acrobatic acts that all the Cirque shows have in common.

If you:

a) don't particularly care for Cirque shows.

b) are easily offended.

c) haven't had the chance to see other shows in town.

then I would pick something else.

Also, I saw the show from the balcony and had a perfectly good view. I wouldn't pay a bunch extra to sit up close. That holds true with most of the shows in town.

Hope this helps somewhat.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

vegaslocal: i am a bit apprehensive about dishing out the money to see this show. First, I am not a fan of the circus/performing acts and second, the show appears to try to be something it will never achieve. I am not easily offended but do prefer not to pay to see lewd, tasteless nudity.

I saw a show on the travel show advertising the top 10 must see shows in vegas. The one that seemed most entertaining featured a black lead comic with vegas showgirls throughout the show. Since I have never seen a "vegas show girl" production, I am looking forward to visiting the city. However, I have searched and am unable to find the show mentioned above.

I would love to see a great vegas showgirl production but also hear of many good comedy productions as well.

How is vegas during the thanksgiving weekend? Having turkey in vegas, or a buffet, and spending it with friends who have no family......can't wait.

Thanks for all the input.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 07:37 AM

love7220:

If you are even a little apprehensive about spending the money on Zumanity, skip it. There are lots of other entertaining shows in town.

As for the comic you are referring to, it could be one of two men- either George Wallace or Wayne Brady.

George Wallace has an ongoing show at the Flamingo. However, I am not aware that he has showgirls in his act.

Wayne Brady headlines at the Paris from time to time, but I don't know if he'll be in town over Thanksgiving and don't know if his show has showgirls.

If you want to see showgirls, I would recommend the Folies Bergere at the Tropicana. The sets are a bit outdated, but the showgirls and the costumes are stunning. In addition, it is a very good value. Be sure to see the late evening show as the early show is not topless. You need to see the topless show to get the real feel of the "glamourous Vegas showgirl" production show.

Another good production show with beautiful showgirls and costumes is Jubilee! at Ballys.

As for comedy, you might try George Wallace's show at the Flamingo, Rita Rudner at New York New York, or enjoy one of the many comedy clubs. I have never been dissappointed when visiting the Improv at Harrahs.

One more tip...if you are coming at Thanksgiving, buy your tickets now. The hotels are PACKED and the better shows will be sold out.

Here is a helpful link where you can browse shows by show type or by hotel:

http://www.lasvegas.com/shows/shows_landing.htm

As for Thanksgiving dinner, I'm afraid I always cook at home for friends and family, so I can't be of much help there. My favorite buffet on the strip is the Spice Market Buffet at the Aladdin. The food is scrumptious. Dinner runs about $25.00 per person, but Thanksgiving may be higher. Plan on eating around 5:00pm to avoid some of the crowds.

Old Oct 29th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Kal

Ranger-:-?
Hmmmmmmm... sounds like a NorCal Fodor's GTG?!?!?!

I wonder who has the Fodor's Peacock Feather?
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 03:01 AM
Original Poster

Thank you vegaslocal...i'm not quite sure what Kal's msg meant but that's irrelevant. Yes, we have plane tickets and found a great deal on a suite at the Venetian.

We purchased tickets to Legends in Concert and are still searching for a show with the famous vegas gals. I'll check out the website and attempt to choose. Bally's is definately on our list. How is LaFemme?

Truly appreciate all the info vegaslocal.

Old Oct 30th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Kal

Me?!?! "irrelevant"?
That's an understatement.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 11:58 AM

Kal,
I get it!!!!
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 11:59 AM

About that pecock feather..........let's ask Marilyn??!!
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 12:14 PM

Kal, I don't get it or maybe I do;
are you referring to Ranger's awful grammar or (potential?) choice of activiies LOL?
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 06:27 PM

love7220:

I can't speak to La Femme. The only thing that I know about it is that it is in a cabaret style showroom that seats about 350. I'm thinking that the stage can't be terribly large. Therefore, I don't think it's the kind of big production show that you have in mind.

As to whether it's a good show or not, perhaps someone else can answer.

Hope you have a great time!
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 01:58 PM

I saw the show recently and posted a report here:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...ext=stormygirl

put me in the "love it" category!
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:24 AM

I haven't seen Zumanity, but have seen several other Cirque shows. O is the best show I have ever seen- bar none. It is creative, has spectacular sets- water, stages that change depth, so much going on that you can barely take it all in. I would highly recommend it. I don't think anyone has ever given it even mixed reviews.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Again, I thank everyone for their opinions....but darn it...still can't decide what to see....maybe i'll just try the hoover dam tour (?)....

Kal: no offense that your comment was irrelevant, just new to the site and not quite sure of all the terminology....thought you might be making a slam....GTG, peacock feather...maybe I'm better off not knowing.......

Unfortunately, at this time, my trip to Vegas has been cxl due to unforeseen circumstances....apparently my friends spouse does not approve that he and I are taking a trip for pure, clean fun.....little does she know I don't prefer that type.

Anyway....I will attempt Vegas again in Jan/Feb and will probably repeat same q's about shows.....thank you all again