Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Your favorite Florida Keys restaurant is......

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2000, 06:00 PM
Star

Looking for clues.... where to eat?

Old May 1st, 2000, 06:31 PM
susan

which key?

Old May 2nd, 2000, 03:05 AM
JoAnn

The Green Turtle on US 1-Islamorada
El Siboney-Key West
Mangia Mangia-Key West

Old May 2nd, 2000, 04:08 AM
Larry

Sundowners on Key Largo

Old May 2nd, 2000, 04:15 AM
Bart

Bentley's in Islamorada.

Old May 2nd, 2000, 10:51 AM
Star

ANY key, we will be in all of them! Miami too! Thanks for the answers!

Old May 2nd, 2000, 01:22 PM
cmcdaniel

Blue Heaven in Key West. Such great ambience we just named our new sailboat after it. Al fresco dining, jazz guitarist, food with a Caribbean flavor and atmosphere to boot...a few chickens, a cat or three all happily coexisting with the diners. The one dining experience we'll fondly remember a lifetime!

Old May 2nd, 2000, 01:36 PM
Owen O'Neill

Another vote for Blue Heaven - a truly unique experience.

Old May 2nd, 2000, 01:43 PM
John

A second for Mangia Mangia in Key West. Fabulous food and great staff, too.

Old May 2nd, 2000, 02:31 PM
Bruno

Half Shell Raw Bar in Key West
great seafood
great prices
very casual atmosphere on the bay

Old May 2nd, 2000, 03:00 PM
John

The Quay at the end of Duval Street. We had a great seafood dinner on the second floor balcony overlooking Duval Street.

Old May 2nd, 2000, 06:20 PM
susan

I could list enough good restaurants in Key West to bore us all to death. Could you please tell us exactly how long you'll be there? If it's only one or two days, you have plenty of wonderful suggestions. If you'll be there for a couple of weeks...I can add, and add, and add to this list.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 05:48 AM
David

Turtle Kralls - Key West. Great fish, rustic, waterfront setting. Not overly expensive like some of the trendier places in Key West. Also, go to Camille's (sp?) in Key West for breakfast. Get there EARLY or be perpared for a long wait.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 04:50 PM
Star

I plan to check out most of these! We will be staying in Key Largo for a week, leaning AWAY from alot of Key West stuff, leaning TOWARD waterfront dining, American food, in the upper to middle keys - Thanx for the info!

Old May 4th, 2000, 03:41 AM
Larry

Star
Since you narrowed it down, I'll repeat my recommendation for Sundowners and add the Quay. Both are bayside on key largo. A little on the expensive side, but not bad considering, hey, you're on vaction. And sundowners in particular has large portions. Was there last week and had scallops and shrimp with a crabmeat stuffing- getting hungry just thinking about it!

Old May 4th, 2000, 06:57 AM
lili

kwy largo? - we had awesome key lime pie at the bayside Snooks ... it's a little tricky to find, around MM99.5, so ask a local ... their lunches are about $5-$15 ... and on a cheaper end, on the ocean side, there's Tugboats, which is more localsy ... go east at the flashing lights around 99.5

Old May 24th, 2000, 11:47 AM
Star

Sending this to the top, I'm leaving in three weeks! I'm taking notes!

Old May 24th, 2000, 12:43 PM
George

Islamaroda-Coral Grill, Islamaroda Fish Company (outdoor dining) Manny & Isa's (great Key Lime Pie) Marathon Grille, Key West-Pepe's, Blue Heaven, Mangia-Mangia, Turtle Krawls.

Old May 28th, 2000, 01:01 PM
Nat

Another vote for Sundowners in Key Largo, we had our last meal here before we left for Texas...it was great!

Old May 29th, 2000, 06:12 AM
maria

Another vote for Manny and Isa's for great home-cooked cuban food...nothing fancy, no views, linoleum, etc...but the best key lime pie ever!

Maria

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -