Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Your favorite Florida Keys restaurant is...... (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/your-favorite-florida-keys-restaurant-is-70627/)

Star May 1st, 2000 06:00 PM

Your favorite Florida Keys restaurant is......

Looking for clues.... where to eat?

susan May 1st, 2000 06:31 PM

which key?

JoAnn May 2nd, 2000 03:05 AM

The Green Turtle on US 1-Islamorada <BR>El Siboney-Key West <BR>Mangia Mangia-Key West

Larry May 2nd, 2000 04:08 AM

Sundowners on Key Largo

Bart May 2nd, 2000 04:15 AM

Bentley's in Islamorada.

Star May 2nd, 2000 10:51 AM

ANY key, we will be in all of them! Miami too! Thanks for the answers!

cmcdaniel May 2nd, 2000 01:22 PM

Blue Heaven in Key West. Such great ambience we just named our new sailboat after it. Al fresco dining, jazz guitarist, food with a Caribbean flavor and atmosphere to boot...a few chickens, a cat or three all happily coexisting with the diners. The one dining experience we'll fondly remember a lifetime! <BR>

Owen O'Neill May 2nd, 2000 01:36 PM

Another vote for Blue Heaven - a truly unique experience.

John May 2nd, 2000 01:43 PM

A second for Mangia Mangia in Key West. Fabulous food and great staff, too.

Bruno May 2nd, 2000 02:31 PM

Half Shell Raw Bar in Key West <BR>great seafood <BR>great prices <BR>very casual atmosphere on the bay

John May 2nd, 2000 03:00 PM

The Quay at the end of Duval Street. We had a great seafood dinner on the second floor balcony overlooking Duval Street.

susan May 2nd, 2000 06:20 PM

I could list enough good restaurants in Key West to bore us all to death. Could you please tell us exactly how long you'll be there? If it's only one or two days, you have plenty of wonderful suggestions. If you'll be there for a couple of weeks...I can add, and add, and add to this list.

David May 3rd, 2000 05:48 AM

Turtle Kralls - Key West. Great fish, rustic, waterfront setting. Not overly expensive like some of the trendier places in Key West. Also, go to Camille's (sp?) in Key West for breakfast. Get there EARLY or be perpared for a long wait.

Star May 3rd, 2000 04:50 PM

I plan to check out most of these! We will be staying in Key Largo for a week, leaning AWAY from alot of Key West stuff, leaning TOWARD waterfront dining, American food, in the upper to middle keys - Thanx for the info!

Larry May 4th, 2000 03:41 AM

Star <BR>Since you narrowed it down, I'll repeat my recommendation for Sundowners and add the Quay. Both are bayside on key largo. A little on the expensive side, but not bad considering, hey, you're on vaction. And sundowners in particular has large portions. Was there last week and had scallops and shrimp with a crabmeat stuffing- getting hungry just thinking about it!

lili May 4th, 2000 06:57 AM

kwy largo? - we had awesome key lime pie at the bayside Snooks ... it's a little tricky to find, around MM99.5, so ask a local ... their lunches are about $5-$15 ... and on a cheaper end, on the ocean side, there's Tugboats, which is more localsy ... go east at the flashing lights around 99.5

Star May 24th, 2000 11:47 AM

Sending this to the top, I'm leaving in three weeks! I'm taking notes!

George May 24th, 2000 12:43 PM

Islamaroda-Coral Grill, Islamaroda Fish Company (outdoor dining) Manny & Isa's (great Key Lime Pie) Marathon Grille, Key West-Pepe's, Blue Heaven, Mangia-Mangia, Turtle Krawls.

Nat May 28th, 2000 01:01 PM

Another vote for Sundowners in Key Largo, we had our last meal here before we left for Texas...it was great!

maria May 29th, 2000 06:12 AM

Another vote for Manny and Isa's for great home-cooked cuban food...nothing fancy, no views, linoleum, etc...but the best key lime pie ever! <BR> <BR>Maria