Reload this Page >

Yosemite vs. Sequoia

Search

Yosemite vs. Sequoia

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Brett

Yosemite vs. Sequoia

Anyone have comments on which park is the coolest? Thanks.

Old May 7th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Judy

Brett, there is an article in Travel Holiday on the Nat'l parks, and how they scored, Sequoia A- and Yosemite B+. I don't know which is coolest, but I am going to Yosemite in June. BTW, Yosemite got an F on "crowds". But Yosemite got an A+ in "Wow" factor
Judy

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Shannon

Been to both. Yosemite wins hands down. We go there every Labor Day weekend, when the crowds supposedly "peak" (the only time there are allegedly more crowds is Memorial Day weekend). I do not find it particularly crowded when I go (but then I live in L.A., so it may be relative). I think the National Park Service puts out the "crowd" warning to scare people off. Heading into the valley from the southern route (from Fresno), after a half hour of twists and turns from the park entrance, you enter this long tunnel, and bam! what you see at the tunnel's exit is so mind-boggling, so jaw dropping, I still get goose bumps even though I've seen it at least 30 times. There's even a large parking area right there, so you can stop and catch your breath before heading down to the valley.

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Paul Rabe

Totally agree with Shannon on Yosemite winning hands down. Sequoia is very good, but looking at the Valley from Glacier Point at sunset is possibly the most spectacular view I have seen in 41 years of travel.

Old May 8th, 2002, 12:26 PM
tm

i thought yosemite was pretty spectacular. if you had time to do just one park, go to yosemite. you can also experience the big trees in mariposa grove and high country in tuolumne meadows.
you can read about my trip to both parks on my site:
http://www.mindspring.com/~quimbymoy/yosemite.html

have fun!