Yosemite Trip Report

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yosemite Trip Report

We spent 3 days at Yosemite the second week in Sept. It is heaven on earth, the most beautiful place there could be!!We stayed at "The Yosemite View Lodge" in El Portal. Great place to stay. Nice rooms & 15 mins. to park, but the drive in every morning was a great way to start the day. The rooms had kitchenettes & we bought breakfast food & ate there before we'd go into the park. Drove to the Village that aft. & saw the 23 min. movie, "The Spirit of Yosemite." It was really good. Walked around & ate dinner at the Lodge. So-so. We drove to Glacier Point the next day & what breathtaking views!! Drove on to Mariposa Grove where we had deer walking around us & on to Wawona. Ate dinner at the Wawona Hotel, a charming place. The next morning we headed for Tuolumne Meadows. Awesome drive. Stopped by the Tenaya Lake, gorgeous setting. We understand now why spring would be a better time to visit Yosemite. There was very little green grass, the waterfalls weren't very big & of course there were no flowers in the meadow, but gee, it still was wonderful. Back in the village we walked to the Ahwahnee Hotel & walked around. Pretty setting. They were setting up for a wedding on the grounds as we walked by. All in all Yosemite was our favorite spot of our 10 day trip to S.F., Carmel & then to the Park. What a great way to end it!!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 09:24 AM
cd

carcal
Thanks for the report. We also loved Yosemite!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:10 AM

Great report. I love Yosemite as well.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:14 AM

P personally feel that Yosemte IS Paradise on earth. I adored it and will return. We are going to Yellowstone next June, and some people like it better. I can only hope! We were there in early June, and the falls and river were gorgeous . Judy
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:18 PM
cd

Judy
You know the song, "Everything is beautiful in its own way"? That's how I feel about the two Parks. We visited YOsemite in the spring, the waterfalls were full, the Redwoods were awesome and we were even treated to a snowstorm that blanketed everything. It was sooo beautiful and romantic. Yellowstone treated us to all kinds of thermal activity. Some in the form of geyers and mud pots which we had never seen before and could not believe that some begin just a mere 3miles down, made me comment that if the world is destoyed by fire, it will begin in Yellowstone . Be sure to visit Artist Point for the most beautiful painting by God you will ever see complete with waterfall.