Yosemite Trip

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yosemite Trip

I'm planning a California vacation with my husband and my 2-1/2 year old daughter. Our plan is to split our time among Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, and Yosemite. Can anyone tell me what the travel time is between SLO and Yosemite, and then Yosemite and LA? If the drive from Yosemite to LA is greater than 5 hours, is there a recommendation of a place to stay between? (We'll be staying in a cabin in Yosemite- we're coming from NYC and won't have camping equipment.)

My daughter is does not walk. Will there be trails in Yosemite that are stroller friendly?
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 07:53 PM

I just answered your other post... so check it for times. Yosemite is very kid friendly. There are trams to ride to most of the attractions and many trails (not all) are gradual slopes that would give you no problems. YOu may also want to check out bike rentals with a backseat for baby! Biking is one of the most wonderful ways to see the park. Have a wonderful trip.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:19 PM

You can take a stroller to the bottom of Yosemite Falls. There are many paved paths that for biking that will be stroller friendly.

The free shuttle buses are great to ride around and see the sites too.

Utahtea
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 08:18 AM

You can also take a stroller up to Mirror Lake - there is a paved road. The recommendation to rent bikes with a little trailer on the back for the kid is a good one. We had friends with us on our last trip who did that. They had a 10 month old and he loved riding around in the little trailer.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the stroller info. It sounds like the drive from Yosemite to Los Angeles can be long for a 2-1/2 year old. Are there any interesting places to stop/sleep over night?
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:21 PM

Not interesting necessarily, but convenient! Bakersfield would fit your requirement. An oil town, not pretty, but hardworking with the distinct pleasure of being home to Buck Owens (and The Palace, his restaurant/nightclub) (I'm a wealth of useless information!) Bakersfield is not a big city, but it does have some cute boutiques and a Macy's. This is located two hours south of Fresno and is the last real city to stay in before you get into LA. A bit further and you could stay near Magic Mountain.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:22 PM

Hi,

We did Yosemite to Anaheim last year and stopped off in bakersfield. We stayed at the Red Lion - got a nice suite for $100, great pool - really poor breakfast though!

We also were given free tickets for the local ball game - brilliant as we are from the UK and have never been to a baseball game.

By the way we had a really good meal at the Hunters restaurant nearby

Hope this helps