Reload this Page >

Yosemite: Cedar Lodge or Apple Tree Inn

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Judy

Just recently decided to do a CA trip. Tried desparately to get lodgings in the park itself. I did a search on this form for info. The only things available were the tents and Tenaya Lodge.
Question: I want to do the Valley and hike to the falls, which would be the quickest to do these activities?
I know one is near the south entrance and the other near El Portal. Apple Tree Inn looks very nice, and is next to Tenaya Lodge, and Narrow Gage Inn for ease of restaurant search. Does Cedar Grove(ElPortal) have decent restaurants nearby? I can not wait to go, Yosemite looks incredible.
Judy
Thanks so much in advance.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Liz

We stayed at Cedar Lodge a few years ago. My only complaint was the lack of restaurants, other than one in Cedar Lodge and another at the motel a few miles away. Depends on how long you are staying and how picky you are. Restaurant wasn't bad, just ordinary and not esp. good value. El Portal isn't a "town".

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:27 AM
gail

We enjoyed the Apple Tree very much. The lodging varies, the older units are like older little casitas. Most of the rooms are condo-like from the outside built still with a charming look on the outside. They are yellow with a white trim. These units have gas fireplaces and are quite nice. We were put there when Tenaya was overflowed at one time. There is a path between the two hotels. The pool is indoors and seldom real busy. The dining hall is more like a mess hall, but is pretty good. You can always walk over to Tenaya to use their facilities. The major drawback is the drive to get to the valley.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Judy

Thanks for the info! Gail, how long did it tkae to get to the valley? I really like to have just a few choices to eat.... are are going to Napa/Sonoma and Tahoe, and after such varied reataurant experiences, I would hate to no choices at all. So I think perhaps the Apple Tree Inn has the advantage so far...... I hate this kind of decision making......
Judy

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Lenore

You will LOVE Yosemite! It is possibly the most beautiful place I've ever visited. We stayed at a B&B right in the park called Yosemite Falls Bed and Breakfast, and absolutely adored this place and the people who run it. Even though it is in the park, it still took a good half hour to drive from the B&B down to the Valley. However, it was very close to the turn off for Glacier Point and not too far from the Mariposa Groves. If and when we go back to Yosemite, we will definitely stay at this B&B again. Check out their website and enjoy your trip.