Search

Maui Condo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 09:13 AM
mrs. e.

Maui Condo

First trip to Hawaii, 16 days in Maui. Can you reccommend a condo With a great lanai and view of the ocean?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 09:44 AM
Lynn

We stayed at the Sugar Beach Resort in North Kihei, right on the beach. There are many ocean-front rooms, and there's pretty good snorkeling right in front of the resort. We loved it, though it does get a bit windy at times in that part of the island. We were there in September for 14 days and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. This is not a luxury resort, but that's not what we were after, so we were quite happy with it.

Here's a tip: go to http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mauaerials.html and check out the aerial views of the resorts. That way you can see for yourself how close each one is to the ocean and what kind of view you're likely to have. It's the best way I've found to know in advance what you're getting into when you book your accommodations. Best of luck to you!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:17 PM
Betsy

A condo facing the golf course at Grand Champions Villas would be perfect. Sixteen days to sightsee and relax on Maui sounds wonderful. Have a great time.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:34 PM
Sandy

For less expensive accomodations, we love the Noelani. All are oceanfront with large lanai's.
www.noelani-condo-resort.com.

For really nice condo's, check out Kaanapali Alii.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:42 PM
Holly

I stayed at the Noelani condos in Lahaina (just minutes from Kapalua and Kaanapali). The prices are reasonable and the one-bedroom condos have a patio on a lawn overlooking the ocean (the beach here is inaccessible, as it's a rocky beach, not a sand one). The sand portion of the beach is just a few yards walking distance at the edge of the property. Every morning we sat on our patio and watched giant sea turtles swim by (it took us a while to figure out what they were, since you only see their heads pop up from the water).

For more info on the condo, check their website: http://www.noelani-condo-resort.com/

Have fun!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:26 PM
Jackie

I agree that wizardpub is a great website. Be aware that many low rise oceanfront condos are not air conditioned so if that's a concern, look into each one.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 06:26 PM
t.embody

Try the Napili Sunset condos. They are very nice and are on a lovely stretch of beach. Website:www.napilisunset.com

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:09 PM
Diane

We stayed twice at the paki maui it has the best view, the bedroom is removed from the view but we could still hear the ocean i will go there again and again....very comfotable without the resort atomshere.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:36 PM
e

If there's anything better than the Mana Kai on the Wailea-Kihei border(view, ocean front, great beach and super price), I'd like to know what it is ???

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:17 PM
Me

How about Papakea? It's near the Embassy Suites. We've stayed there several times and have always enjoyed it. Good location, quiet.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:42 AM
robin

Kapalua villas are great, and you don't have to stay in the most expensive bay villas to get an ocean view (although those are closest to the beach). Very pricey rented through the kapalua resort; private owners rent their villas directly for much less on vacationspot.com and vrbo.com. Good luck.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Mrs.E.

Thankyou, thankyou,thankyou, thankyou everyone. What great tips!

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Suzie

Before you make a final decision on where to stay pick up Maui Revealed. It has detailed info on beaches. Though Kihei looks like it has a great beach it is not good for swimming. Those I've known who stayed in Kihei were not particularly happy with their choice of location. Iagree with above check out the arial view of condos and hotels by going to wizardpub.com.

By far the best beach locations are Wailea, Kapalua, Ka'anaplai and Makena.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:20 AM
GP

Mrs e
check out the Hale Pau Hana in Kihei right on the beach. Good swimming and snorkling. I saw a turtle about 50 yards out a few years ago