Search

Yosemite

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 03:34 PM
joseph lachac

Yosemite

Will be staying 3 nights in the park, how best would it be to spend two days, also, best month May or June?

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 04:44 PM
kam

Hi Joseph, either May or June will be wonderful. I would lean a bit to May since the kids will still be in school so less crowded and a bit cooler. Do you have reservations in the park? When you get there, take the trolley tour of the Valley to get your bearings and then decide what you want to see/do. There's a Visitors' Center right in the middle of the valley. It's pretty easy. Unless you have real hiking requirements, you'll be able to organize your time when you arrive. Would also recommend a drive over to Mono Lake (on Rt. 120 to Lee Vining) and either driving or hiking up to Glacier Point. If we have a lot of rain, you might be able to raft in the Merced River in May. Bring lots of film--hope the falls are full for you!

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 05:49 AM
rob

well,...hiking is the thing to do I suppose. we did 2 major hikes...Vernal falls and Yosemite falls w/ Vernal falls being the best hike of the 2 (IMO). we also drove Tioga pass (beautiful, at least during the winter) to Mono Lake (not so great) then to the town of Bodie, CA... a great ghost town/state park. also went to Mariposa Groves which was OK.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 08:45 AM
Pat

I'd recommend going in May - less crowded. Definitely go to Glacier Point and hike down to the valley floor. Awesome.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 10:30 AM
Paul Rabe

I second Pat's suggestion *IF* you are in reasonably good shape. The hike from Glacier Point (ABSOLUTE MUST VISIT) down to the Valley is about six to eight hours, and, once you start, you pretty much can NOT turn back. So decide if you can handle a long downhill hike, and, if you think you can, take it.