Yosemite

May 22nd, 2001, 07:42 PM
Jan

Yosemite

Has anyone stayed at the Apple Tree Inn in Fish Camp, Ca...Tried to get reservations inside park with no luck...although am still trying....

May 22nd, 2001, 07:50 PM
Suzie

If this is the place that is right next to the Tanaya Lodge, I thought it looked really great. We stayed at the Tanaya Lodge and every time we drove out we passed by and I was relly impressed. At night we could see in through the beveled glass windows.

May 22nd, 2001, 07:53 PM
Suzie

oops Jan forgot to say that the Tanaya Lodge is a really great place to stay as well, have you checked there? Check out their web site www.tanayalodge.com. Might be really hard to get into the valley at this point.

May 22nd, 2001, 07:58 PM
Kathy

I second the recommendation for Tanyana Lodge. We stayed there for 4 nights and it was great. Not too bad for basing for the park. Have lots of fun, we surely did.

May 23rd, 2001, 08:36 AM
Suzie

Jan your choice of Fish Camp is a good one if you can't get into the valley. Since you'll be taking the long boring drive from Santa Maria it will be nice to only go as far as the south entrance. If your Yosemite tour is taking you to the valley that gives you an opportunity to explore the redwoods and Wawona in the southern part separately as they are closer to your hotel. Then as you leave the park over Tioga Pass you can see the eastern part of Yosemite before you head up 395. Last night my husband verified that the Apple Tree Inn was the pretty place just outside Tanaya Lodge.

Search this Thread