Yahoo/Travelocity Site

Search

Yahoo/Travelocity Site

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2005, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yahoo/Travelocity Site

Does anyone know or have experienced Yahoo/Travelocity travel site consistently showing erroneous rates in the hotel/package/flight listings selected after a search is done. Time and time again I perform a search for my selected info (hotel, air, etc.) and on the listing, Yahoo/Travelocity will show particular "low" pricing, but after I make my selection of the desired hotel/air, etc., the original price on the listing disappears on the following page and is replaced with a much higher price, and the lower price is almost ALWAYS not available or not able to be utilized. This seems like a bait and switch tactic or trick to get people to book at a much higher price than they originally displayed.

For example, I was looking at a hotel in DC, and it showed a "Good Buy" price on the listings search, and when I clicked on it, it came up to a reservations page with that page replaced by a price that was $49.00 higher for the night--the same as the hotel website. What's up with that?????
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 11:57 AM

I'd venture to bet that those "good buys" are on the least popular travel days, never on weekends or peak travel times...
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 08:43 AM

For years I have relied pretty heavily on Travelocity. It has now gone to hell. For quite awhile now I have not been able to get an accurate itinerary on a flight. I consistently get error messages with false errors such as "your flights are out of sequence" which is untrue. I recently had a problem and had to call. I could tell that the woman was East Indian and I asked her if she was actually in India and she said yes. Outsourcing is everywhere but most importantly Traveocity is becoming virtually useless.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 08:56 AM

We too used to rely on Travelocity to hook us up with bargain airfare. We have certain cities in which we want airfare alerts.

For about the last 2 years it is worthless. I get an email alerting me to incredibly low fares, then when I respond and put in the dates that show as available-they suddenly-after selecting them- are no longer available.

I have written to them with numerous complaints that only get generic responses saying that they can only sell what is available to them....blah, blah, blah.

I've stopped even browsing the site because it only causes me aggravation.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 10:07 AM

I sent an e-mail to a Yahoo address, and got a message, it will be delayed. Maybe they are working on improving it?