wyoming

Dec 2nd, 2010, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

wyoming

Thinking of going to Wyoming in August but need suggestions for itinerary and accommodations from Jackson Hole, the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.

Rose G
Dec 2nd, 2010, 02:11 PM

Never stayed at Jackson Hole...but in GTNP Jenny Lake Lodge is the best and most expensive option. I prefer Signal Mountain Lodge to Jackson Lake Lodge. If I had a week I'd spend 3 days at GTNP and 4 at Yellowstone. Old Faithful Inn is always a good choice if you can get in. Other preference, in order, Yellowstone Lake Lodge and Canyon Lodge. Have to qualify that it's been about 5 years since I've stayed at either of the last 2 so don't how much they may have changed.
Dec 2nd, 2010, 05:07 PM

Rose,

There are many threads here on the same trip. If you use the search function and put in key words, they will come up. It's very helpful to read other's experiences and questions. You will get more ideas than you can handle and lots of food and lodging and itinerary recommendations!

Happy planning!
Dec 3rd, 2010, 05:46 AM

Jackson Hole: Snake Rive Lodge
GTNP: Prefer JAckson LAke Lodge, cabins and sitting in giant window lodge lobby
Yellowstone: food horrible, over run by tourists, stay in GTNP and do day drives into Yellowstone or do drive thru to Cody, AmericINN
Dec 3rd, 2010, 10:14 AM

Hi Rose,

We went to Grand Teton and Yellowstone in early June. If you click on my name, you can read my trip report.

Yellowstone will be crowded in August, but I wouldn't skip staying in the park. Reservations are filling up now, but keep trying for a spot.

We stayed at the Motel 6 in Jackson, which is just outside GTNP and was in our budget. In Yellowstone, we stayed at Old Faithful, Mammoth, and Canyon.

Lee Ann

Search this Thread