Wyndham Palace--WDW

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wyndham Palace--WDW

Got a great rate on Hotwire for the Wyndham Palace in the WDW village. How is this hotel? Anyone stay there?
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 05:56 AM

I stayed there last year on a Priceline reservation and found the hotel to be really nice. My room was very large with 2 queen beds. They didn't give me a great view but I wasn't too concerned. You might want to ask for an Epcot view as then you can see the fireworks at night. The pool area was huge, nice and deserted. I think this hotel does a lot of convention business so if there is a big group in, it will be busy, if not, it's deserted. There were 3-4 restaurants and a nice shopping area on the lower level. You'll enjoy yourself here....
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Just got back from the 3 nights. What a deal. Paid 65/night on hotwire. Only problem was the long walk from the parking lot to the island resort section of rooms by the pool. Great Spa facilities. I asked the front desk what the rates were regularly and she said 125/night. It right across from Downtown Disney.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 11:27 AM

Hi-we've stayed at the WP several times-last Dec. for Christmas was most recent. You should request an upper floor with Epcot view. The rooms are very nice, and the hotel public areas are lovely...pool is great(although the Hyatt Grand Cypress nearby is the ULTIMATE).It's so great to be able to walk across the st. to Downtown Disney-go in the evenings when it's cooler. DO be sure to visit some of the comedy clubs over there-they are a hoot!!!
The breakfast buffet at the WP is quite a spread-and it'll cost you too. There's also a snack shop downstairs-you can buy simple lunch items and snack stuff. Lower level also has gift shops and the spa. They provide worry-free, convenient complimentary shuttle service to the parks also. Save the $$ and park your car yourself, instead of valet.Self-park is located to the left of the front of the hotel.

One tip:We had a mini-reunion with 2 other families staying at the WP with us during the holidays. There was a misunderstanding rene of our reservations at check-in time. Standing firm, my sister was given the consierge level room for her trouble.Hot Dog!!! Free cont. breakfast(pastries, fresh fruit, coffees, juices0 and afternoon appetizers and sodas(honor bar also). It was great-we joined her.
I think we paid about $69. on our first visit-when we used Hotwire. You won't be disappointed!
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 11:37 AM

Hello bryarsmom,
I am heading to the hyatt Grand Cypress on Thursday, and loved your comment..... have you ever stayed/eaten here? I would love to get your thoughts

Ruby