Wyndham City Center how bad is it

Dec 4th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Wyndham City Center how bad is it

My friend was anxious to bid through priceline so she rushed picking the area. We got the room for 50 for New Years Eve. I have not heard great things about the hotel or the area.
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:15 PM

The location is fine and for $50. you can't do wrong. Just relax and enjoy.
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:51 AM

What city is this in?
Dec 5th, 2004, 09:21 AM

Agree that the location is OK and the $50 deal is great. If you want to tease the hotel, then ask for the infamous "Marion Barry room" (that's the room where his friend "set him up" and the FBI filmed him). Though back in 1990 it was called the Vista International Hotel.
Dec 5th, 2004, 09:27 AM

Ignore post above, I was thinking of the Wyndam Washington on M st.
Dec 5th, 2004, 11:24 AM
hsv

yeadonite,

I take off my hat in respect! I have always heard that it was impossible to get a room with max. occupancy of 4 on Priceline.
Now you tell me you got one for 50?
Is that the XXL- suite or did they get you a conference room? ;-)

Greetings
hsv
Dec 5th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Dan

I used Priceline for this hotel a few years ago, when it first became a Wyndham. Decent rooms and good location but we had to have a king bed when I asked (and they promised) two doubles. Awkward but I nothing I could do since I used Priceline!
Dec 5th, 2004, 02:17 PM

hsv, Priceline requests, and guarantees, a room for two but it's not difficult to get a room for 4. You just can't be sure of it in advance!

I once called a PL hotel (in DC, as a matter of fact) to request two beds, was asssured that I'd have no trouble getting one, then when I showed up with my two kids they went out of their way to get us a room that had not only two beds, but also room for a rollaway so nobody would have to share -- in other words, a room for FIVE!
Dec 5th, 2004, 02:18 PM

hsv, Priceline requests, and guarantees, a room for two but it's not difficult to get a room for 4. You just can't be sure of it in advance!

I once called a PL hotel (in DC, as a matter of fact) to request two beds, was asssured that I'd have no trouble getting one, then when I showed up with my two kids they went out of their way to get us a room that had not only two queem-size beds, but also room for a rollaway so nobody would have to share -- in other words, a room for FIVE!
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:33 AM

I stayed here a few years ago. The location is very good - upscale and safe. The hotel is typical 3*, there is no indoor pool however. It's a short walk to Georgetown and Dupont Circle. The only drawback I can think of is that it's a little bit of a walk to the nearest Metro. For $50 a night you did very well.
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

Hsv,
Thanks for the morning chuckle. Since I am not up to fifty people yet do you want to come?

Thanks for the input I will let everyone know what the hotel is like.