world wide choice!!!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:46 AM
mik

world wide choice!!!

Just won a trip 5 days air and hotel paid.Good for anywhere in the world. Any body have ideas? Would this be enough time to see Australia or New Zealand?

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:49 AM
jealous

You lucky sod! I would love to go to Australia/ new zealand, but I would say you will need longer than that to see everything. People from UK usually try to spend 3-4 weeks there it takes so long to get there.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:29 AM
travellyn

I'd find out if I could extend the trip by paying a fee to change the airline portion, then head off on my own for another week or two after 5 days in the hotel. If I could extend the trip, I'd do Australia/New Zealand; if not, I'd go to Paris for 5 days.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:35 AM
Debi

Where are you from? If you're from the US - I don't think 5 days is enough to go to Australia/New Zealand. From the East Coast, it takes almost 2 days of travel each way - and to your body it feels like more..... What do you like - beaches, mountains, diving, hiking, biking????? Give a bit more information about yourself and I bet the people on this site will have alot of suggestions....

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:41 AM
Dick

5 days is not enough to seee Astralia.
It is 14 hours from LAX to Sydney.

You could see one place in Australia ..perhaps Sydney or the GBR...but that is a real stretch for 5 days.

We spend 3 weeks in Australia and New Zealand and barely scratched the surface.

A lot depends on which coast you are on. If East coast, then Europe might make more sense.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:24 AM
mik

I am from michigan in midwest U.S. WE would like mainly r&r, but if we could find some history or culture without hassles ok.We are not very expericed at the travel game. Paris sounds good perhaps Hahaii.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:32 AM
Marsha

For R&R you don't want to go to Australia because the wear and tear of travelling to/from will drag you down during such a short trip.
Hawaii would be much more doable.
Paris is NOT a relaxing trip if you've never been to Europe. Just learning and adjusting to the customs and such the first time around will leave you very drained.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:03 AM
Patti

Actually Mik, much depends on you. If you can check with the donor company to see if you can stay longer (at your own expense) I'd go to Sydney. And, to be honest, I'd probably go for 5 day in Sydney. You would absolutely love it!! That said I'd probably pick Paris second (it's not hard to adjust to Paris, it's a great city) Hawaii is also beautiful and would be a great choice. Good luck - but don't rule Australia out!!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:08 AM
nina

I agree, Paris is a nice, easy city to get around and perfect for a 5 day trip. What time of year? Other choices would be Rome, Nice, Barcelona, Madrid. How did you win?

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:29 AM
JoAnn

If R&R is what you're looking for, then head for Barbados - beautiful and relaxing. If you want culture, it's Paris (don't listen to the detractors; Paris is easy to figure out and is spectacular). If you want to get as much as you can out of a free trip, then head for Sydney, just be prepared to come home exhausted. Good luck and don't worry - anywhere you choose will be wonderful!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:03 AM
denia

Hong Kong....eat, shop, eat, shop.

Egypt....see the pyramids, get spit on by a camel.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:13 AM
mik

Thanks every one for your opinions.I won the trip through a radio rewards program.I earned points &was the high bidder in a points auction.I have not had time to pick up the details yet, with the holiday and all,so I do not know how soon I have to use it.Find out tomorrow MIK