Woodloch Pines -Pennsylvania

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 04:40 PM
netta077

Woodloch Pines -Pennsylvania

Any comments about this resort? We are considering it for a week long summer vacation for a family with 2 small kids.

Looking for comments good and bad. Thank you.

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 05:41 PM
Eileen

In response to Woodloch Pines,I have only heard good comments. I have never been there myself, but several people have said it was great. My son just came back from there today and said the food was great. He said it is known as a family resort with many activities. He was very impressed and told me to check out their website www.woodloch.com. He also said it was the best golf course he had ever played on. I hear they also have great entertainment shows, I'm sure you'll enjoy it but some say it is on the prisey side. Good Luck. Eileen

Old May 1st, 2000, 05:00 AM
Lori

I have never stayed there, but my sister raves about it. She spent a week there with her husband and 2 kids - ages 5 and 1 - and had nothing but good things to say. She said it was so clean you could eat off of the floor. She also arranged to have a company meeting there, and had nothing but raves from the employees. She said that there is plenty to do during the day, as well as adult things at night. The resort also has babysitting services, which they availed themselves of at night, and were quite pleased.

Old May 1st, 2000, 04:05 PM
edie

go go go!!!
went there for a winter weekend, loved every minute...best part is all the activities can include the whole family, for true family bonding time! the staff is great, food not gourmet but tasty, and they are totally kid friendly.
we stayed at the springs, but with little kids, i'd recommend the main building so you can easily run back to the room to change, nap, etc. it seems pricey when you look at the per nite rate, but when you figure it includes all meals and activities its about average for a vacation. plus the kids are cheaper.
email me for specifics if you'd like.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 11:56 AM
ken

If you are people that do things and participate in the activities it can't be beat in any way. We do not have a lot of money, yet we have stayed three times. They love kids.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 03:41 PM
Lisa

We talked to someone who has visited Woodloch Pines, and we were a little turned off by all the group activities. Is there any pressure to participate in family races and the like? Can you have a good time there if you are not participating? Thanks for any comments.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 07:34 AM
Tina

Hey everyone-last year my husband,myself,and my 3 yr old son stayed at Woodloch-we ended up there on accident we were supposed to stay at Brookdale Resort and it was a dive so we got in the car and drove until we found somewhere to stay which was Woodloch.It was wonderful.The food was great and there was so much to do.I will say that we did not participate in many group activities because we were there during senior fall color tours and had the only child there that week.However my son did get extra attention from all the ladies-he loved it.We will go back again-maybe this year even-its a little pricey but worth the money.