Reload this Page >

Wine Country - Vallejo?

Search

Wine Country - Vallejo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Debbie

Wine Country - Vallejo?

My parents are looking for an inexpensive place to stay in the Wine Country and have chosen Vallejo. Is this area near the Wine Country and is it a safe area? Any suggestions for better values.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 09:01 AM
julie

I would not choose Vallejo (it is highly industrial) but rather, Petaluma, Sonoma, Santa Rosa, etc.,. There are many little inns and hotels that mightnot be too expensive.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Wino

3 words on staying in Valleo and going to the Wine Co.
No, no, no! A lot of people have been successful in using Priceline.com to get the Napa Marriott and other nice places in Napa or Sonoma areas for $50 to $75 a night. And it's closer and safer than having to drive up from Vallejo.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 09:08 AM
June

Ugh! Please don't stay in Vallejo. I grew up in the area and even though they are next to each other, they are worlds apart. Don't do it!
(Vallejo has had "potential" as long as I've been alive - right on the water, old Victorian homes - and yet there is that crime thing they can't get rid of.)

The city of Napa itself should have some deals. You still have to drive out to the valley to see any vineyards. Also I agree with Julie - Petaulma, Sonoma, Santa Rosa all are good choices.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 09:35 AM
gail

I agree, Vallejo is not a good place to stay.What towns or cities are they planning to visit and where they are flying in from (if approriate)? this information would be helpful to assist you in making suggestions.There are lots of alternatives.