Williamsburg Travelodge

Search

Williamsburg Travelodge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2003, 05:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Williamsburg Travelodge

Has anyone ever stayed at the Travelodge in Williamsburg? Any comments appreciated. Thanks
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 06:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's a little nicer than some I've the Travelodges I've seen.

t's located on By Pass Rd with a number of other common chain hotels. The ambiance of that part of town isn't much but it's very centrally located for Colonial Wmbg, Busch Gardens and restaurants.
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 12:52 PM

I've stayed there maybe 3 times now. I've found the staff friendly, and the place clean, safe, and quiet. As obxgirl said, it is nicer than some other TL's I've stayed at. There's a Cracker Barrel next door, a Pizzaria Uno across the street, the Gazebo Pancake House & Golden Corral nearby, so I go elsewhere for dining.

HINT: if you stay there & go to Colonial Williamsburg, take a R out of the hotel and do NOT turn R onto 132 as signs direct you. A few hundred feet after that intersection turn into "Woodlands" (& Cascades?) and get into the visitors parking area "the back way"
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

How is the pool at the Travelodge?
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 01:31 PM

Never used the pool at Travelodge - seems it looked clean/clear ... some privacy fencing around it, pool area didn't look all that large. On another of your posts, "poneale", you mention Woodlands but then BG & the waterpark. I would not bother staying at Woodlands if C.W. isn't the focus of your trip.
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help. I'll keep checking for hotels and asking for advice. I do need to keep the price range around 100.00 per room. We are getting two rooms. I would like a hotel that has a nice pool. Got any
ideas. Thanks
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 03:42 PM

I'd recommend Best Inn, on Bypass Rd a little closer to CW than the Travelodge. Nice pool (in an enclosure that can be opened), nice property overall, and a decent free breakfast buffet ... of which the price can really add up during vacation. I think you can get joining rooms.
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 09:52 PM

Please note that Williamsburg is a very small town. Wherever you stay is not far from the sites. I have had two kids go through William & Mary and usually stay at The Quarterpath Inn. It is a nondescript motel (outdoor pool open in summer but no big deal) but is fine for me because I am just looking for a place to sleep.

Do not miss doing a night program at CW. The night programs are the best part of the experience. You have to pay extra and you must have a pass to do them but they are worth it. Just make sure you sign up for a CW program--and not tickets to anything at the Kimball Theatre in Market Square (non run by CW and programs can be awful).

Williamsburg is just about my favorite place for a weekend outside DC. It has a lot to offer and everything is in a small area.
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:57 AM

Have you checked the Fort Magruder Inn. We stayed there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. I'm not sure how much the rooms are running, but you may be able to get a deal. Entertainment rate perhaps? Pool area was nice, good restaurant, nice room and good location.

You will enjoy Williamsburg.