Will they allow me to enter in US.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2015, 02:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello every one. I have seen so many posts here and people here do reply fast and good. Well i got some questions in my mind. I am a citizen of India. Me, my mom and my brother did apply for tourist visa to visit US. They gave us all b1/b2 M purpose visa. Well i am doing my master ins university my brothe ris in college and my mother is a govt employ. The problem we are facing is we cant find holidays together so can visit together. So i am planning to visit US in jan for one month and mom and brother will be going in June. There i got wuestions. Some known people of mine are saying they wont let me in for sure. They will send me back. I dont know really what to do now. If i show them my documents my returning ticket and everything they still wont let me enter ? I dont have a health insurrance i will be getting one soon for sure. Can some one give me proper information about all this ? I have some friends living in texas i wwant to visit them. Wheather while applying for visa i told them i will be going to new york.will it be a problem also that instead of going to new york i will be going to texas ? Please do let me know wht to do. I have to book the flights in 2 days for sure. Thnk u so much
Old Dec 9th, 2015, 03:45 AM

NO one here can give you proper information, and why would you depend on a travel board for something so important.
Contact the American consulate/embassy and ask them.
Two days is not very long to get the CORRECT information.
Old Dec 9th, 2015, 03:51 AM

Sorry - but we are not immigration experts and yuo have not provided all of the info. You do need to consult the embassy to find out if your visa is valid for what you want to do.
Old Dec 9th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

Thnk u so much for replying
Old Dec 9th, 2015, 02:10 PM

While I would not say I am an "expert" on U.S. immigration, I am the spouse of a retired U.S. Foreign Service Officer and I have worked as well in various U.S. Embassies.

First of all, I agree that while you might not want to take advice from strangers on a travel forum, you definitely don't want to accept anecdotes from "some known people" as fact. Unless these people are U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers processing your admittance, then they can't know for sure that you will not be allowed into the U.S.

First of all, there's no reason to contact the U.S. Embassy with your questions about admittance. The visa officer at the U.S. Embassy has already found you qualified for a tourist (B1/B2) visa and that's the end of his/her involvement. Whether or not you are actually admitted to the U.S. now becomes a question for ICE.

By issuing you a visa, the Visa Officer has made a determination that you are a qualified visitor to the United States and the ICE agent will take that into account. You will, however, aid your admission by having available any documents you can which prove you will be returning to India after your visit. These can include: 1) a return airline ticket, 2) proof of employment and/or enrollment in a university, etc. You should also be able to document: 1) where you are staying in the U.S., 2) who you are visiting in the U.S. and 3) that you have enough money to finance this trip.

Also, don't be too concerned about having told the Visa Officer at the U.S. Embassy that you plan to go to NY and now you want to go to Texas. That's not really a big deal because plans change for everyone. The important thing is to have the documentation I mentioned in the above paragraph.
Old Dec 9th, 2015, 04:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What reason do people give you when saying that they won't let you in for sure?