Who knows Cape Cod area?

Old May 21st, 2002, 10:34 AM
JB

Who knows Cape Cod area?

My husband and I are going to Cape Cod at the end of July with our 2 kids, ages 3 and 11. Any recommendations on the best family areas/cities to stay in or things to do while there? Also, any hotel recommendations for Boston? Thanks.

Old May 21st, 2002, 11:25 AM
Kevin

My wife and I spent 11 summers there with our two kids. What the kids liked best: the drive-in movie, miniature golf, the beach at Nauset, biking through the Cape Cod National Seashore in Eastham, walking around Chatham (there used to be a penny-candy store); fishing in the freshwater ponds there; the boat trips from Orleans, I think, sponsored by the museum in Brewster (Cape Cod Museum of Natural History).

Old May 21st, 2002, 11:36 AM
Mary

I agree with the above - I love Chatham, but start looking now - I know our rental house books up in January. There is also a Nature Center somewhere near Brewster or Harwich that will take you out to the Lighthouse on Monomy(?) for the night. This might be a unique experience for the kids....

Old May 21st, 2002, 03:11 PM
Gene

The town of Chatham is probably the best for families with children but also the most expensive. The least expensive areas are probably Hyannis and Falmouth with most of the other towns between these two.

There are no cities on Cape Cod, only towns with many quaint seaside villages.

The Cape Codder hotel in Hyannis has a wave pool which might be fun for your family.

Old May 21st, 2002, 04:48 PM
Henry

East Dennis and the Harwich area are ince for staying, too. Nauset is definitely the best beach.

Old May 21st, 2002, 05:28 PM
emar

Harwich is lovely for a family. Definitely reccomend renting a house or cottage. We used Harxich realy in the past.
Capecod.com may also be helpful