which Santa Fe hotel?

Old May 12th, 2004, 06:53 AM
elr
Original Poster

which Santa Fe hotel?

hi,
I have reservations for a very good price at the Inn at Loretto for next week, around $135. Someone I was refered to at the SF convention and visitors bureau got a price of $99/night at Hotel Plaza Real for a suite.
So, Loretto or Plaza Real for 2 nights next week?

I will be returning to SF often for work, and was also thinking about the Hotel St. Francis. However, it sounds a bit too European-frilly for my tastes.

Can anyone give me insight into these hotels. I usually stay at the SF Hilton, but they are very booked, and rooms are very high.

Thanks.
Old May 12th, 2004, 06:58 AM

We loved the St. Francis. Could you please explain what you mean by "European-frilly"? We found that the location was great, the staff were very pleasant and helpful, and the rooms were comfortable although not huge. Breakfast on the outdoor patio was super, although there are other (and probably cheaper) places for breakfast nearby - it's within a couple of blocks of the plaza. I'd never want to stay anywhere else in Santa Fe.
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:09 AM
elr
Original Poster

I read somewhere that it was more "European," sort of Victorian than it was Santa Fean. I'll only be there for 2 nights, so it won't be a big deal.
(however, I don't know how long my work assignment will keep me going back and forth between home and NM.)

I'm glad to know that you loved it. Thanks for your response.
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:39 AM

The lobby and some of the public areas are a mix of european and santa fe style. I like the look. The rooms reflect a similar decor. Definitely not overstuffed fru fru chintz. Clean lines. Very comfortable hotel. Great service.
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:18 PM

I would go with Inn at Loretto - that is a good price. Skip Plaza Real - I stayed there last May and nothing worked! Cold water faucet broken, toilet wouldn't stop running, no AV (not turned on yet and I wondered why it wasn't getting cool..., front desk messed up everyone's bills (luckily I had my print out from Expedia on the rate, which went down on the last 2 nights), coffee pot didn't work... I'm not picky and didnt' complain but I wouldn't stay there again. The room itself was ok - little separate sitting area.