Which parks in Orlando in 3 days with 12,10, & 9 yr.old kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2004, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, my family and I are doing the road trip down to Florida from NY and camping in the Fort Wilderness Campground in our RV. We only have 3 days coming in on a Wednesday and leaving on a Saturday. I would like some advise as to which two theme parks we should go to. I was considering Universal studios, Animal Kingdom or SeaWorld. I think Magic Kingdom is more for younger kids and Epcot is more for adults.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 09:52 AM

If you've never been to Disney, I would do the Magic Kingdom. There are lots of rides for all ages and it is, to me, the best all around park. Great theming, great rides.
I was at Universal/Islands of Adventure this weekend with my 7 and 10 year olds. Universal has more rides that our family enjoys. However, if you love roller coasters, IOA has 3 great ones (plus Spiderman, my all time favorite ride). The other big rides at IOA get you very wet (not a happy thought when it's cold out). I saw a ticket that lets you do both Universal and IOA in one day. I think that is very do-able and would let you see everything.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 05:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
My kids love Epcot. I like it because I can mix the education in with the fun. The dinosaur ride with the Science guy is fun. Also, test drive is one of the greatest rides I've been on. The show with the inside of the teenager is hysterical, so is the Honey, I shrunk the kids one. Epcot isn't your typical screaming roller coaster park but it can be a blast.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 07:26 PM

As long as you are staying on Disney property, you might as well focus on the WDW parks. Epcot is great! Your kids are all old enough/ tall enough to ride everything. Missionpace is INTENSE, World of Energy is fun, Thbe ride inside the globe is great. Check out wdwig.com for info on parks, attractions. MGM has Tower of Terroe, Rock'n Roller coaster, Star Tours, other good rides. Since you are staying on-property you may be able to buy a length of stay parkhopper, call and ask. Magic Kingdom has lots of fun rides, big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates of Caribbean, more. Your kids may want to spend a day or evening at DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney. If you go to Pleasure Island, Adventurers Club has the most fun/ family friendly shows. Let your kids do some research and see what they think!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 07:58 PM

Joy has a good idea. Since your time is limited, and the transportation in WDW is FREE if you stay there, why not take advantage of it??? We were just there before Christmas with 6 adults and 4 children (4-7 yrs old) and we did Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom & Epcot (we had 4 full days.) Don't forget Magic Kingdom has Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Alien Encounter,as well as the other attractions previously mentioned. And don't miss Mickey's Philharmagic, it's a 3D movie that'll keep you laughing!

The kids will enjoy Animal Kingdom,there is plenty for them to see and do there. Skip Rafiki's Planet Watch, it's not worth the time it takes to get there and back.

MGM doesn't have much to interest the kids except for the Rockin' Rollercoaster and the Tower of Terror. If you have to skip one of these parks, this is the one I'd miss (but then, I'm an adult!)

If the weather is warm, you could always take in one of the water parks, Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon (one was closed for maintenance when we were there, but hey, it was DECEMBER!

Have fun!!! (You can't miss with WDW!)

I agree with Joy. We spent 5 days in the park with my 6 and 10 year old and they loved Magic Kingdom, MGM, Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Their favorite ride of all time was Tower of Terror at MGM (this from a 6 yeaar old who was afraid before!) I guess if I had to take one park off of the list it would be Animal Kingdom. Have Fun!
cd

I'm an adult and I loved Magic Kingdom! Made me feel like a kid. I also recommend Epcot. Universal was my least favorite.