Which Of These Tampa Hotels ?

Old Oct 1st, 2000, 09:05 AM
Nic

Which Of These Tampa Hotels ?

We are still trying to decide where to stay for our first night when we arrive in Tampa at the beginning of November.

We need to stay near the airport, as we will have had a very long day of travelling, and the last thing we want is alot of driving to find a hotel.

We are not looking for anything fancy, just clean and comfortable for one nights stay. Also we would like somewhere under $100.

I've found 2 hotels that have caught my eye, and was wondering if anyone has stayed in either of them or knows anything about them?

They are:-

La Quinta Tampa Airport
4730 Spruce Street

Hampton Inn Rocky Point
3035 North Rocky Point Drive

We've haven't stayed in either of these chains, so we don't really know much about them. The Hampton Inn is a few dollars more, but not enough to be worried about.

Are the areas these hotels are in O.K?

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:34 AM
C/Tampa

Hi. I live near these hotels. I would say Hampton because it is on the causeway near many good restaurants, a little beach, nice sunsets, shells, and interstate is close by. It is on the causeway connecting Tampa to Clearwater.

If you are not seeing Tampa area and only want a rest before you start out La Quinta is fine and just out of the airport with the interstate nearby. And for your info, south on Westshore Blvd is a big shopping center.

If you get a chance, I recommend Busch Gardens.

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:57 AM
C/Tampa

Both of these hotels are five minutes from the airport. But your car rental place will probably be on Spruce Street when La Quinta is. But even on Spruce Street it is five minutes to the causeway. My neighbors are Brits from Nottingham.

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 07:49 AM
CMcDaniel

Nic...I posted something on another of your notes on second thoughts I had about La Quinta. Driving by it the other day I noticed it was just across the street from the end of one of the runways. It's the lesser used runway and handles the smaller of the planes that come in, but still, take that into consideration. Air traffic slows to a trickle after 11 PM but starts up again around 6 AM and could be bothersome (we live close enough that I'm more aware of their flight schedules than I'd like to be!! gt;)

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 10:06 AM
george

My vote is for the Hampton Inn.It is on the Causeway so a relatively safe area.