Reload this Page >

Which month to go to San Diego?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 06:52 PM
Sheila

My family is taking a trip to San Diego this summer. Actually we will be staying on Coronado Island. Can't decide to go in June or July. The rates are a little cheaper in June. Can someone tell me the difference in weather if there is any? It needs to be warm enough to swim. Also is it cloudy or rain more in June than July? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 07:08 PM
xxx

June Gloom...think it says it all.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 07:51 PM
Barbara

Sheila, it's usually more cloudy and cooler in June. Last year it was chilly and drizzly on July 4 also, but warmed up right after. The water temp is usually still cool, mid 60s, until July, August and September.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 10:08 PM
tess

If you want to beat the crowds- come in June when you can expect the skies to be a little overcast still. If you are looking forward to beautiful blue skies and sun- come in July but be prepared for a few more people of the tourist variety.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 06:52 AM
hi

San Diego is great all summer. Not a big deal. Depends if you plan to spend alot of time in the water (if so, go in July).

If you are coming from a place with a cooler or humid climate, you will love San Diego whenever you go.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 07:07 PM
lcuy

in June there is usually fog every morning. it will burn off after 11 or 12. July will be a lot warmer and the water will much more pleasant. The crowds will be much bigger too. Fourth of July in coronado is the best in the world. If you can get rooms then, this is the very best time to be in Coronado. People drive from all over to see the parade, but it is best done on foot or bicycle. After the parade, there is an exciting display by the navy seal teams at Glorietta bay (across from the hotel del). They put on a mock battle with people jumping from helicopters, high speed boats and lots of fake(?) gunbattles. In the evening walk to to golf course and watch the fireworks. In between, go to the beach, bicycle around town or on the bikeway under the bridge, or eat at one of the great spots in town.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 05:51 PM
steve

July. As was previously said, June Gloom says it all. However, many years it donesn't amount to much. However, the water in southern california never gets too warm. 66 - 68 is about all you can expect in June. 68-70 in july. Believe me, those 2 degrees make a big difference,

I think Sept and early Oct are the best