Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where to use Air Tran tickets before 8/31 in US??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a pair of tickets (bought at charity auction) that HAVE to be used before end of this month. Starting from Connecticut, my husband loves to golf and I like looking at the water etc where should we go and why? A nice resort with American plan, spa. Our original plan had been to see Colorado but with little time left and a need to R&R where can we go for a week or so and find something great and reasonable? H
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

You guys here are so knowledgable and creative and I have so little time--come on "where would you go on short notice it you had to use a couple of domestic round trip air tickets?" Help please !! H
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 05:28 PM
Dan

I would start by checking the AirTran website and studying their route map.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:21 PM
KMK

The suggestion to look at the AirTran site and see WHERE they go that looks intriguing to you is a good one - narrow it down, and maybe you will get more insight.

There are a LOT of Florida options on AirTran, which would easily give you the golf and water, but I think Florida is oppressive in August...maybe too hot for golf?

From what I know of where AirTran goes - how about Vegas? Golf courses & nice resorts to lounge by the pool at. Or maybe Biloxi?

You could still go to Colorado...fly to Denver, rent a car, head out to one of the ski resorts that maybe has a golf course associated...Vail claims 13 associated golf courses...http://vail.snow.com Definitely luxury lodging available, likely at off-season rates. Don't know about the water, though.

Hope that gives you some ideas to think about...
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Original Poster

We definitely will steer clear of Florida for August but Colorado is avery good possibility. Perhaps a nice lake setting withgolf nearby?
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 03:30 AM
dcespedes

Reeder, check out the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs.

http://www.broadmoor.com/

Old Aug 4th, 2005, 03:43 AM

It has been 90* in Denver. But it's a dry heat!! Of course, it has been 90* everywhere.
You might think about the SC coast. Fly to Myrtle Beach and leave immediately for Pawley's Island/Litchfield. Look up Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort. The beach is beautiful, the golf is awesome, the shopping excellent, and the seafood absolutely the best.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 04:35 AM

i'd fly out to san francisco (probably have to change planes in atlanta) and head down to monterey/carmel. great golf, beautiful scenery, cool temps.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Okay guys I think I got it. If we fly to Denver and stay on Lake Dillon (with a view for me). There are said to be several golf courses in that area for the husband. He says he wants to relax this time but if we are there a week I am sure he will itch for a day trip or two. Any rec's in this regard? H
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 12:09 PM
dcespedes

Hi Reeder, you might consider starting a new thread--something along the lines of day trips from Lake Dillon, CO.

Old Aug 4th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Great advice--will do now