Reload this Page >

where to stay near Yosemite

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 09:08 AM
Linda

We plan to go to Yosemite from either San Francisco or Tahoe. Not sure if we are going to have time for Tahoe so we may come to Yosemite from San Francisco. Where should we stay coming from either direction? I want to stay outside but close to a park entrance. Everything I have found is coming from the south and that would not be handy. Looking for an inexpensive, clean place to overnight.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Suzie

Haven't stayed near the east or west gates but you can try these sites.

yosemitewest.com
yosemitegold.com

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 02:46 PM
thanks

From San Francisco, you will go to Yosemite through Merced in the central Valley, and then Mariposa. There are several motels in Mariposa, and a few farther up the Merced River Canyon at El Portel. You should also try to find lodging inside the Park, at Yosemite Lodge or Camp Curry. Mariposa is in the gold country.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 05:39 AM
rob

DO NOT stay at yosemite west condos!!!!

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Liz

If you are from the east coast, you'll be surprised at the distances involved and lack of amenities. We stayed at Cedar Lodge near the west entrance. Main problem was lack of restaurants. This may not be a problem if your visit is brief. Next time we would stay in Oakhurst or in the park itself, though food options there are slim, also. But Yosemite was a GREAT place, and we will return!

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 07:06 AM
J T Kirk

My mind is starting to go -- we stayed at a big, sprawling place right outside the gate to the south entrance. It was a very nice place. I'd recommend it. (The drive from the south gate into the park is kinda long, though.)
There's probably a couple of websites that lists the lodging.
Have fun.