Notices

Where to stay in Seattle

Old Feb 19th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where to stay in Seattle

There are a ton of posts here from travelers headed to Seattle! Glad to see you'll be bringing your tourism dollars our way in this economy (ha ha! thanks!)

My friend has this GREAT blog website called Northwest Cheap Sleeps (www.nwcheapsleeps.org) and she posts her ideas and suggestions on great places to stay that are affordable (like under $100 a night for the most part). Check it out! Mostly small inns and B&Bs and yurts / cabins. Good stuff.
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 02:43 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hum. O.K.
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hum, indeed. Looks like not very cleverly disguised advertising to me. On the other hand, I looked at the site and it does seem like another potentially useful resource to bookmark, perhaps.

Has anyone had any experience with them? As a client, that is, not as a "friend".
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hum, yourself. I'm not sure I understand how posting a link to my friend's daughter's travel blog is "advertising." She writes up her family's adventures for fun and to share information with other travelers. I think it's wonderful, and think people on here looking for affordable travel in the Pacific Northwest might like to know about it.
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 04:12 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I guess I might owe you an apology. Advertising is not allowed on Fodors (except for their own, of course), and I am a suspicious sort. I assumed it was a for profit commercial site. When I looked at it, however, I could find no way to book a place through the site; hence no profit motive.

Actually, it seems like a good idea for a paying business. She could explore places on vacation, and make a deal with the owners to charge a commission on referrals.

I might check back from time to time.