Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Park City for Christmas vacation?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and 14 year old son are going to visit Park City Dec 27-Jan 1. ANy suggestions on where to stay? Everything is booked that I have tried. This is what is left. Treasure Mountain Inn $225 for studio,$350 for 1 bedroom, Powderwood Condo $270,Park Station Condo $320. We would rather stay in a hotel type but don't see any available.
This is our first time to visit. We will probably only ski 2 days and sightsee the rest. Any suggestions on anything would help!
Thanks
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 05:13 AM

I'm surprised there is anything left this late. You've chosen one of the most popular areas at the most popular time. For five days I would not try the studio with my husband and teen. There is a Wild Oats food market in downtown Park City that is super-fantastic---and that is not hyperbole---so you'd be better off with a kitchen and eat takeout from the market. Delicious!
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! When I tried to book a room I found that out!(that it is too late) We booked a 1 bedroom at The Lodge at th mountain Village. I hope it is ok. Do you have any suggestions for New Years Eve? Thanks!!!
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 05:59 AM

Is the Lodge at the Canyons Ski Resort, as I think it is? Let me know and perhaps and can fill in some more detail on what to do during your stay. Will you have a car?
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 12:49 PM

Hi D,

There are several properties in the Park City area with The Lodge in the name. I think you have booked The Lodge (David Holland Properties - condos actually) that is right at the base of Park City Mountain Resort. A very good and convenient location.

Lots of ski shops, restaurants, and a major free shuttle bus stop. You can walk to Historic Main Street if you don't mind a walk of about 4 long blocks.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 01:25 PM

Any restaurants you'd recommend in Park City for new Year's Eve? something special? 3 teens and Mom and Dad. Kids love filet mignon, and pasta. Looking for a nice atmosphere, to be a memorable night out...
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 03:50 AM

I have not eaten at all the restaurants in PC, but of those I know I'd recommend Zoom for New Year's Eve. It will appeal more to the broad range of ages, the food is excellent and not overpriced. Young, hip waitstaff who are very helpful. Robert Redford is a co-owner; I usually steer clear of "celebrity" restaurants, but this one is really very good.
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 07:54 AM

Thanks for your suggestion of Zoom! We'll look into it.
Old Nov 25th, 2005, 03:37 PM

Not sure about the Lodge, D. Holland typically has nice properties. I agree with kswl, Zoom is great. Probably my favorite in PC. Also try 350 Main St. I've heard the Butcher's Chophouse is good as well. Here's a couple of sites that may help.

http://www.parkcityinfo.com/travel/l...?season=winter

http://www.parkcitymagazine.com/inde...istRestaurants

If you're skiers try to get over to Deer Valley. Only about 10 mins.