Where to stay in Moab.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 02:37 PM
Kathy

Where to stay in Moab.

We are a family of 5 looking for a place to stay in Moab Utah next summer. Have read nice things about the Super 8 but also wonder if anyone has stayed at the Best Western Canyonlands Inn. We're spending alot of money the prior week in Yellowstone/Tetons and would like a nice, clean hotel with pool that won't cost a fortune.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 03:32 PM
Bob Brown

I stayed at the Super 8 in Moab when it was new. It is good as Super 8's go; which is not all that great in my opinion. I use them only when nothing better is available at a reasonable price. You might investigate the Big Horn Lodge in Moab.
Unfortunately the popularity of Arches and Canyonlands National Parks have spurred tourism in that area and motels tend to be expensive in the summer season.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 04:34 PM
ellen griswold

Hi Kathy,

The Best Western Canyonlands Inn is very nice! We stay in a lot of BW's because they're usually nice, and often with a little local "charm" - like this one. Do NOT stay in the Day's Inn! While we are NOT big fans of Days, we too were looking to save money - big mistake. While the motel itself was OK, we have NEVER seen such an unfriendly, and downright rude staff.

BTW, while stolling the main street shoppes, I noticed a couple mom and pops that also looked just fine. While we tend to go with the moderate chains, had I known the Mom and pops were that nice, I would have chosen one of those.

Enjoy your trip!

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 04:45 PM
Cindy

We stayed at the Aarchway Inn on the north side of town last summer. We had a nice size room with 2 Queen beds, microwave, mini-fridge, and continental breakfast included and we paid about $85 AAA rate. I'm not sure what type of room they have for 5 people or what that rate might be. It was very nice and I would recommend it. They have a Web site but I don't know the URL.

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 03:04 AM
Cecilia

Kathy
We stayed at the other Best Western (Best Western Greenwell Inn) in Moab in April and we found it very convenient and pleasant. Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. Both the BW are close to each other on South Main Street. We choose BW Greenwell Inn as it was the cheapest option at the time. Check the BW website :www.bestwestern.com

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 06:35 AM
JBender

Hi Kathy - We stayed at the Best Western Canyonlands Inn last year and it was very nice. The room was large, with two queen beds, everything was very clean, and there was a nice Continental breakfast included in the price. I think you'll like it.

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 07:03 AM
Jeremiah

You'll have fun in Moab. I also agree that the Best Western is, well, best.
If the Slick Rock Cafe is still there, make sure to have a meal there.
Let me ask you (this is something I've been curious about but have never found an answer), how long IS the drive from Jackson WY to Moab? I've often thought about doing that, but have never got around to it. Thanks.