Where to stay in Boston?

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 10:03 AM
Alan

Where to stay in Boston?

I will be in Boston for a week in October.
Wondering where to stay? I want to do all the tourist things. Price range approx. $150/night.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 10:32 AM
Ken

Hi

I would recommend the Midtown Hotel, Huntingdon Ave (Back Bay). Reasonable prices and free parking. Brilliant service too.

Enjoy...

Ken

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 05:21 PM
Donna

I'd recommend checking forthwith the the online booking services that will search available rooms for your specific dates. I'm guessing hotels in Boston are just about booked solid for the entire month of October.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 09:38 PM
Maureen

Oh, my. It's very late to be looking for accomodations in Boston this month. Particularly at $150/night. Good luck!

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 06:54 AM
jerry

Check out my post on New England suggestions. We just returned. I had trouble finding a reasonable place in Boston so took suggestions from this site and stayed in Marblehead. We stayed at Pleasant Hill in Marblehead and it was fantastic. You are appx 15 minutes from the Wonderland subway stop and you can drive to, leave car and take subway in. Much less stress.
Another place that looked nice was Captain Jacks in Swampscott (about five minutes closer to subway stop). Marblehead and Pleasant Hill has a little more personality.

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 07:09 AM
dougd

I'd highly recommend the Mariott at Long Wharf. This is a big, upscale hotel right on the harbor, ideally located near Quincy Market, and the North End. There are wonderful views of the harbor from most rooms, and there is a T stop right in the basement. You can usually get a room here for about what you want to pay.