Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Maui?

Search

Where to stay in Maui?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 12:14 PM
Natalie

Where to stay in Maui?

We are planning our honeymoon for Maui in September. My fiance's parents are offering us their time share, and our choices are Kaanapali Beach, Napili, Kapalua, or Lahaina. Does anyone know which area would be best?

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 01:57 PM
try

Do a search on any of those areas and you will find hundreds of opinions, many of them probably minutes old, because so many people post about the same places in Hawaii every single day.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 08:49 PM
Mindy

Hi Natalie,
I'd vote for Napili, if you'd like a beautiful beach that's a bit lower key and further off the beaten path than the other resort areas. They don't allow high rises at Napili (unlike the other beaches)...I think the tallest building has to be shorter than a coconut tree! I stayed at the Napili Sunset last year and it was great!

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 09:07 PM
Lani

I'd choose Napili or Kapalua that time of year. September can be hot and humid on Maui, and that Northern area is the coolest, breeziest that time of year. You can't go wrong in either one of those two!

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Jan

My vote is Kaanapali or Kapula. We stayed in Kaanapali in October. Like Kaanapali a lot. Close to all the activities, not as busy as Lahaina..
Good Luck

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 01:22 PM
Rich

Kaanapali is where all the big resorts are located, be prepared for a ton of people. Lahaina has shopping and resturants but I don't think the beaches are outstanding. Napili has a beauty of a beach and is much more laid back and relaxed. It does not have the huge resorts and that is a plus to me. Kapula is minutes from Napili and has what I think is the most beautiful beach on Maui. The bay is more sheltered than Napili and the water is very clear and outstanding for snorkeling. Since this is your honeymoon,and you are probably looking for more privacy, Kapula or Napili would be your best choices. You won't be disappointed with either place.