Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Clearwater?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 09:59 AM
jan

I need suggestions for a great place to stay in Clearwater. I've heard great things about the Sheraton Sand Key but would love any other input. Are the beaches here as nice as in the Carribean?

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 06:15 PM
Susan

I grew up in Tampa and went to the Clearwater Beach area almost every other Saturday....Clearwater Beach ofers several great places on the beach, start with The Adams Mark Hotel and The Clearwater Beach Hotel, it really depends on how much you want to spend, varies from $75.00 to $250 a night. The beach is beautiful as well as the sunsets. If you enjoy a little soft and old rock and roll, try Frenchies on the beach, next to the Pavillion. Have a great time.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 09:34 AM
Greg

Sheraton Sand Key is on a very nice beach (Sand Key Park) and is a nice hotel, but , if you want to do anything else, you need a car. The Sheraton is not near anything but condos.The Adams Mark Hotel is on Clearwater Beach and is within walking distance of restaurants , shops , the Pier , other hotels etc...

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:57 PM
mas

We've stayed at Adams Mark since 1980 and have always have nice rooms. Walk out the front door-you're on the beach. Good restaurants in hotel and nearby.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 02:51 PM
Cheryl

The Hilton is not too bad. Right on the beach and within walking distance to many restaurants and clubs.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 02:54 PM
xxx

I stayed at the Sheraton a few years ago and found it to be a nice hotel. We played tennis each morning, overlooking the ocean and never seemed to have any trouble getting a court. It is a little more removed in terms of area, but you can easily walk down to the pier to watch the sunset. Personally I liked being a little removed from all of the touristy hotels and loud children. I suppose it all depends if you want to be in the heart of things, or would like a quiet, more relaxed atmosphere.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 09:23 AM
Janet

I wouldn't say the Sheraton Sand Key isn't near anything but condos - across the street is a Radisson Suites (looks out over the Intercoastal), which has a boardwalk behind it connecting it to a Columbia (famous Spanish restaurant), yogurt/sandwich shop, Chinese restaurant, Italian restaurant, Dunkin Donuts, Backwater (another nice restaurant), and several gift shops. Might get old if you stay more than a few days, but otherwise lots of choices.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 04:00 PM
mj

i enjoyed the clearwater beach hotel. elegant, sophistcated, right on the beach with a great view of clearwater beach also.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 04:03 PM
Denise

We stayed at Shephard's Beach resort,fairly new Hotel,had a great time.Tiki bar with band everyday,great sunset,great food.