Where to stay in Baltimore

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter and I will be staying in Baltimore 1 night at the end of our trip through the Civil War Battlefields in that area. Where is a safe area for us to stay? I would like to stay in the Inner Harbor area, but we will be there on Friday night and rates are more than I want to pay. We will have the entire day on Saturday to spend in Baltimore and plan to visit the Inner Harbor and the Aquarium. Any other suggestions for places to visit?
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 02:03 PM

We've booked through Hotwire & Priceline half a dozen or more times in the past year and have always gotten either the Hyatt or Renaissance for anywhere from $80 to $110 night (for 4-6 night stays including a weekend). Check www.biddingfortravel.com for recent Priceline results.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Bo

There have also been some recent Inner Harbor wins at www.BetterBidding.com (recent rates have been a little cheaper than mentioned above, IIRC)
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 04:26 PM

Bo, you are joking, right? You are sending this guy to better bidding.com which has a grand total of 6 posts on hotels in all of the State of Maryland.

biddingfortravel.com has a total of 1005 posts of hotels in the State of Maryland.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which site to go to.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 06:03 PM

I did Priceline and got an Inner Harbor Hotel for mid month May at $50/night. The lowest price online was $189. If you don't mind the uncertainty of knowing exactly which hotel you will get and number of beds in your room, you can get a fantastic deal.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 05:32 AM

If you are interested in Civil War sites, you should visit Fort McHenry, which played a role in the suspension of the writ of habeus corpus. Also, there's a teeeeny civil war museum near little italy, on the east side of the inner harbour in the shadow of the huge marriott. The Fort is at the end of Locust Point, near downtown.
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:26 AM

You can also check the Mt. Vernon neighborhood, which is the cultural center of Baltimore. It is only a few (5-10, depending on where you are) blocks north of the Inner Harbor. I can't say anything about prices, but it's another option to check out. If you don't care about proximity to the city (ie, if you have a car) you may want to think about staying outside the Beltway (695). You'll find more cheap-ish hotels there.