Baltimore Hotel Areas for Priceline Bid

Old Aug 7th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baltimore Hotel Areas for Priceline Bid

Hi!

I will be in Baltimore 8/27-8/29. I have been unsuccessful in by bids for the downtown/inner harbor area of Baltimore on Priceline.

Any suggestions of other areas that are safe and convenient that I could bid on in Baltimore?

Thanks
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 01:29 PM

There are some really cruddy areas in Baltimore - if you are bidding out of Inner Harbor area make sure you know about the area. You might want to check Orioles schedule since when they are in town Inner Harbor hotels are more full than at other times (mlb.com has link to all baseball teams)
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 11:55 AM
MaureenB

The Towson neighborhood is north of downtown, and anywhere in it would be a safe bet. Some parts are residential and very pretty, others are more commercial. Some hotels to try directly are: in downtown, the Tremont Park and Tremont Plaza; near Johns Hopkins U., the Doubletree Inn at the Colonnade (always full if something's going on at JHU) and the Radisson Cross Keys; in Towson, the Sheraton. Good luck.

Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:45 AM

I have also been trying to bid on Priceline with no success. I have bid on 2-1/2, 3 and 4 star hotels. (I have been a little nervous to bid on a 2 star.) I have only selected Inner Harbor but have considered Mount Vernon. I am going a week later than you. Were you able to secure loggings yet?
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:14 AM

You do already have a backup hotel in Baltimore lined up acragle, don't you? I hope you're not relying on Priceline to get you a hotel! Did you check the rates of hotels for your dates based on the list given on BiddingForTravel.com for Balitimore?

Andrew
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:26 PM

enjoylife - since you went last weekend, where did you end up staying? How was the trip?

Karen
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 01:05 PM

Andrew thank you for your reply. Yes I have a back up hotel but it is more than I want to pay and I did read about hotels at BiddingForTravel.com.

On Priceline it mentions suburbs: North-White Marsh, Southwest, West, Carlyle Cross Keys, Hanover, Hunt Valley & Timonium, Mt. Vernon and Towson. Are any of those suburbs safe, fairly close to the Inner Harbor and easy to take public transportation to and from?

Thank you.
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 01:55 PM

acragle, many hotels listed on BiddingForTravel have reviews that describe the area and access to transportation. Did you look for reviews for the hotes on BFT's hotel list for Baltimore?

Andrew
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 04:39 PM
MaureenB

Just be careful of the neighborhood you commit to. Baltimore has some dicey spots where you wouldn't want to be after dark (like any city, really).