Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Asheville, North Carolina

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 1998, 06:45 PM
JD

Can you recommend a bed and breakfast? What about the Richmond Hill Inn? Is it worth the price? Which rooms are the most private? Tell me all you know. Thanks

Old Feb 20th, 1998, 08:57 AM
Katie

I don't know much about the Richmond Hill, but if you have a choice of places to stay other than B&Bs - stay at the Grove Park Inn!!!!! It's wonderful. I've heard marvelous things about the local B&Bs so you really can't go wrong with any of them I think, but the Grove Park puts them all to shame! Look it up on-line "www.groveparkinn.com". That place is worth the price, the trip, etc.....

Old Feb 26th, 1998, 08:17 AM
BRENDA RAMSEY

WE STAYED AT THE OWL'S NEST OUTSIDE OF ASHEVILLE GREAT BREAKFAST AND WONDERFUL HOSTS THEY ALSO HAVE A PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES BILTMORE TICKETS. GROVE PARK IS NICE BUT VERY EXPENSIVE. 10 MINUTES TOP DRIVE FROM THIS B & B WE WOULD GO AGAIN

Old Feb 26th, 1998, 05:39 PM
Randy

We've stayed at the Cedar Crest, just down the street from the Biltmore. It was 4 years ago, but the place is great if you're wanting something very low-key. We wanted to go back this year, but found that the prices have gone up about $50-75 per room in 4 years. The write up on this web site is definitely on-target. Cedar Crest used to be a bargain, and we'd go back just for the memories if we weren't such penny-pinchers.

Old Feb 27th, 1998, 01:17 PM
claire mcnaught

Richmond Hill is very charming and very expensive. The dining room, Gabrielle's is excellent. The less expensive Bistro is quite good. I love the lobbies of the Grove Park, but it is doomed to conventioneers and gawkers. For charm and privacy take the Richmond Hill.