Where to move near Phoenix airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be moving to the Phoenix area later this summer. Our job is located near the Phoenix airport. We will be renting. Where is the best area to live close to the airport?
Old May 13th, 2006, 06:13 AM

I would think your company would provide some relocation info if they are moving you.

It all depends on your budget for rent .. you do not want to be too close to the airport but I would suggest looking at Tempe, Mesa and Chandler. Traffic in the Phoenix area is hell so I would not go too far to just rent a place. Be aware that Arizona State University is in Tempe. I would not want to rent to close to the Univ. Many apts close to school rent to college students. Chandler is about 8 miles down Interstate 10 from the a/p and a nice area. Lots of apts, homes, condos and townhomes there as well as malls etc.

Of course there is always Scottsdale too but renting there would no doubt be more expensive. You need to define your rent budget.
Old May 13th, 2006, 07:47 AM

I would start by looking at the region south of the airport in the vicinity of South Mesa Community College.

Look in the area in the vicinity of Broadway and Baseline, and both east and west of 24th street.

I use 24th ST as a reference because it skirts the west end of the airport close to the rental car center and gives a direct route south to Baseline.

There are several nice apartment areas in that general vicinity.

Old May 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM

Landings at PHX are predominantly east and west. So before you rent. make sure you won't be right in the flight path. That would make it a bit noisy.
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:01 PM

I agree the 24th Street/Baseline area would be great, easy to get back and forth from work, and the area has alot of new development, so you shouldn't have a problem.