Reload this Page >

Where to honeymoon??

Search

Where to honeymoon??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Betsy

Where to honeymoon??

We are getting married in June 2003 and will be leaving for our honeymoon the day after. We have a timeshare and are thinking of trading it but not sure where. We want it to ba a short flight from the New England area. We want sun, water, good food and romance. Already been to Aruba, Key West, St martin. Any suggestions??

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 03:55 PM
agate

If you want a short flight from NE and you want all the specifics you mentioned, then I'm sure you realize you very limited options.
You've got Bermuda, Florida, coastal Carolinas and the Caribbean.
With a timeshare, you know your options.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Delia

Bermuda, bermuda, bermuda

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 05:10 PM
liz

mexico!!! cabo - las ventanas al paraiso; acapulco - las brisas (just returned from last week)
jamaica - half moon (my honeymoon in 01)
anguilla - cap jaluca - (stayed in 93, but critics still say its #1)

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Kim

Hawaii, Hawaii, Hawaii. I've traveled all over the world and nothing comes close to Hawaii. Kauai, Maui and the Big Island are all so beautiful. Spend the extra money, the longer plane trip, it is so worth it!!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 05:36 PM
gc

Apologies in advance for the judgement here, but this is your honeymoon, and should be a very special trip.
For us Bermuda is OK...not terribly special.
Getting to Hawaii will be difficult over time, especially if you have Kids in mind. Go for Hawaii...it can be the trip of a lifetime!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Jaime

How about the 'Mayan Riviera' (Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico)? It has everything you want plus gorgeous, mysterious ruins and jungle temples, if you want a bit of a change from the beach. You can have a very luxurious, lazy trip with all the amenities, or get off the beaten path and see wildlife, ruins, a bit of Mexican life - or you can mix up both. If you're interested, see the 'Latin America' board on this site for more info - there have been a lot of posts lately on the subject. And I think it's actually a shorter flight from Boston/New York of the Caribbean.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Kim

Hawaii, Hawaii, Hawaii. I've traveled all over the world and nothing comes close to Hawaii. Kauai, Maui and the Big Island are all so beautiful. Spend the extra money, the longer plane trip, it is so worth it!!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:01 AM
Debi

Not sure how long you have for your honeymoon - Hawaii is wonderful, but we live in New England, and it is a really long trip there (we just got back). If you have at least 10 days, it would be good. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you like - but short flights from NE would include Florida (I love the West Coast -Marco Island, Sannibel, Naples); Grand Cayman (love those stingrays); Curacao (kind of a long flight - but we actually liked it better than Aruba..) or Anguilla or Antigua. I've never been to the last 2 - but I hear rave reviews from everyone that has been there....... And of course, there's St Johns (which is next on our list...)

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 07:20 AM
x

Hawaii is not a short flight from New England.

Bermuda is very beautiful. Not as nice as Hawaii but gorgeous.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 07:38 AM
jill

Bermuda is beautiful with wonderful beaches!!

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Cathy

Bermuda is THE place for a honeymoon! I've been to Hawaii, and it's beautiful, but I keep going back to Bermuda (6 times).