Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where to go with a 8 months old baby to relax?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Stephanie

I am looking into Fort Myers/Naples for a two week vacation with an 8 months old. ANy ideas?

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 08:18 AM
cd

Stephanie
With an 8 month old, I would look into condo's so that you have space for naps and facilities for cooking. One with an ocean view would be top priority with me. We loved Ft Myers and area but am not familiar with the condo situation on a beach. Enjoy!

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:22 AM
CF

How about Sanibel/Captiva? It just across the bridge from Ft. Myers. It's quiet, laid back , had a lot of condos and a great beach for a small child.

It's a great beach to walk on and look for shells too.

Lots of great restaurants.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:04 AM
x

An 8 month old will happily play on any beach, all you need is a bucket, pail, wide brimmed hat and sunscren...

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:23 AM
x

Have you considered the Club Med in Port St. Lucie? I did this with our 9 month old, and it was one of the best one-week vacations we had when the kids were infants. You can really use a break in the evenings, although child care is available most of the day.

You could spend a week in the Naples area then drive over to Port St. Lucie for a real treat. Enjoy!