Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where to find a good pizza in orange county, CA?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Carol

I recently moved to North Orange County, California from New York. I love it here in most all respects but I'm longing for a really good pizza. I prefer plain cheese, THIN crust "aldente". Everywhere I've tried seems to have much thicker, doughy crusty and it's terrible. I'm open to suggestions from you Californians. Thanks, Carol

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 10:58 AM
bobbie

As with the other New Yorker who whines about the food. Go back to New York where everything is perfect. Sorry, but you're setting yourself up.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 11:06 AM
California boy

what is with new yorkers? and why do you think the west coast is the only other place in the US.
born and raised in California.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 11:12 AM
haterudenss

Yikes....what is with the rudeness? She just asked a question, very nicely and politely IMO.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:08 AM
Jana

Good question...I too live in O.C. and would love some recommendations. Thanks from me too.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:06 AM
sightseer

Fitness Pizza on Imperial Highway in Yorba Linda is not a NY style pizza, but pretty good for a thin crusted pizza.

There's also Brooklyn Pizza Works
on Imperial Highway in Placentia that tends to be popular with former East Coast residents.

Angelo's & Vinci's on Harbor Blvd in Fullerton is a popular Italian restaurant that you might want to check out as well.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:11 AM
enuf already

What the hell is it with all the pizza postings? Carol you should worry about where your next lay is coming from. We'll talk about pizza once you've figurd that one out.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:02 PM
JoAnne

Personally I like California Pizza Kitchens thin crust Pizza Margarita. It has very little cheese, very thin, with tomatos and basil. It's not exactly like new york pizza, but it is thin.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:44 PM
what?

you have food on the brain.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:53 PM
trashed

Maybe if you had not trashed other people's pizza you wouldn't get trashed back.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:09 AM
mag

The best pizza I've had is at a place called BJ's pizza. There is one in Laguna Beach and one in Huntington Beach. I always have the deep-dish but I believe they do have thin crust also. Good luck and happy eating!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:20 AM
carol

Thanks a lot for the suggestions...I'll have to get busy trying these! Carol

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:01 PM
sightseer

BJ's is one of my favorite's as well, but it's Chicago style deep dish, so it didn't seem like what you were looking for. There's a BJ's in Brea - along Imperial Hwy (free standing building in the Brea Mall parking lot).

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:34 PM
kam

I also like California Pizza Kitchen's margharita pizza. Thin crust but not exactly like East coast, where we used to sprinkle with hot pepper flakes, fold the pizza in two and then bite. Just cheese and tomato sauce and good chewy dough. I can still drool thinking of it. I also love Chicago deep dish----any kind of pizza. If you wanted to invest in a bread machine, you could duplicate East Coast pizza very well----we're having it for dinner tonight. Otherwise, enjoy the Dungeness crabs, artichokes,avocados, fruits and veggies and great Mexican food and when you return to New York, fill up on that good pizza. We're returning to Chicago this weekend and I am going to forget I'm a Californian now and feast upon barbecue ribs, Italian beef and deep dish pizza!! But, I won't be looking for huevos rancheros. It gives you something to look forward to when returning home. Also suggest you post on www. Chowhounds.com for southern CA and see if you get any answers. Sorry for the rudeness you've experienced here---I know how much pizza can mean to someone.