Reload this Page >

Where to eat in Colorado Springs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 03:50 PM
Cheryl

We will be in Colorado Springs for four days in mid August and would like any ideas on where to go to eat. Kids are 5,10 and 14. Thanks for any ideas.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 10:54 AM
lrm

I used to live there--but it has been awhile...Guiseppe's and the Hungry Farmer should be both kid and adult friendly.
We are visiting end of month also--I know you will enjoy it!

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Sandy

Hi Cheryl,

I'm a "local". You don't mention what types of cuisine you're interested in, so here's a few suggestions off the top of my head:

Barbecue - Howard's Backyard Pit BBQ on Sierra Madre. Other folks like Zeb's, but I personally think it's overrated.

Mexican - 3 Margaritas. Very fresh food. I would go to the northernmost one on Acadmemy Boulevard. There is another Mexican restaurant in Old Colorado City called Henry's that many people like.

Pizza - Il Vicino on Tejon is good, but the kids may like Fargo's on Platte better. There's a game room for kids there.

Italian (in general). I think Luigi's on South Tejon is the best.

Other suggestions:

Phanton Canyon Brewing Co. on Pikes Peak Avenue - good beer and Amercian cuisine.

The Mona Lisa in Old Colorado City - fondue (both main course and dessert).

Mountain Shadows - good breakfasts.

Sunbird - great Sunday brunch and a wonderful view of the city.

Marigolds - great deli and restaurant. American cuisine. Wonderful desserts.

Hope this helps.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 12:10 PM
michelle/nyc

The Golden Bee, owned by the Broadmoor... across the street from the hotel's main entrance. It's an old London pub that was dismantled and brought over to the US. typical English/pub food... great atmosphere... and piano sing-along! turned out to be a surprising find!

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 01:52 PM
Les

Try Antonio's (obviously Italian). At the Garden of the Gods exit (abt. 1/2 block east of the freeway (I25).
You won't be disappointed.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Lisa

I'll second the suggestion for Marigold Cafe, Phantom Canyon and the Sunbird. Zio's has inexpensive Italian and is fun for kids (coloring on the paper tablecloths). Personally, I found food at Guiseppe's to be mediocre at best, though it's an interesting environment.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 01:37 PM
tino

i second the hungry farmer. it was so good we went back a second time just 2 days later.

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 05:55 AM
hamlet

I spent a lot of time in Colorado Springs this past year and I had my best meals at a small eclectic place called Blue Star, 1645 South Tejon (which is a little further from the main downtown Tejon area), Trattoria D'Angelo which is off Tejon. I think I tried all of the restaurants at The Broadmoor and was not that impressed but would say that I was pleased with the Penrose Room and Charles Court.