Where is the best water?

May 4th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Aquaria

Where is the best water?

Hubby and I are looking to go to Florida at end of May for 3-4 days. We originally wanted to go to Mexico for the beautiful, aquamarine water, but that's out for a number of reasons. Is there anywhere in Fla where the water is just as breathtaking and with good beaches? We've been to Key West, which was beautiful, but found the beach areas small and rocky. Any thoughts? Thanks!

May 4th, 2002, 09:36 PM
xxx

How about reposting this as "best beaches in Florida?"
I was all set for a juicy Fodor's fight on drinking water!

May 5th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Chicagoan

The question is... Where is the best water? answer..Chicago, drinking water, not Lake Michigan

May 5th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Don

Aquaria, Im no expert but I lived in Miami for 5 years and I would say Miami Beach is very good and Key Biscayne on the east coast. I have also been to the west coast which is the bay side, The Sarasota area or probably any nice west coast area will have that calm warm turquiose clear water that I think your talking about.

May 5th, 2002, 03:28 PM
x

Sanibel/Captiva area and Longboat Key have nice beaches and great water.

May 5th, 2002, 03:37 PM
drewbari

The onely bech i'v been to in FL. is Panama City and i have been there one time but i liked it. Panama City was number 4 in the best beach's show on the travel channel.

May 5th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Marina

For the best water, hmmmm. My cat is rather partial to our upstairs toilet.

May 5th, 2002, 04:48 PM
native

Anywhere on the Gulf is going to have beautiful aquamarine water, but the "Emerald Coast" is called this because of the green/blue waters and "sugar sand" - so called because the sand is so white and fine it is like confectioner's sugar. Panama City, as a person who unfortuately lives here, is also called the "redneck rivera" for good reason, but P'cola, Destin/San Destin, Seaside, and the Port St Joe/Apalachicola areas are wonderful. Near Port St Joe/Mexico Beach is Cape San Blas which has been named the number one beach in the world by the "beach dr" was in the water today over there, perfect temps, not too hot or cold. Lots of shells/fish/etc and could see the bottom even at 20 feet. Heaven!